Add. Feature Requested for Tournament Save

As a GM for the upcoming Combat Mission Meta Campaign, I'd like to suggest one additional feature be added to the Tournament Save option.

Currently, when a game ends, both sides are able to see the map with zero Fog of War. This makes little difference in a single scenario, but in a campaign where probing attacks and low intensity shooting matches will be common, the ability to see EXACTLY what you were fighting is like having a spy satellite from the year 2144.

Currently, if you don't want a unit to be seen in the end screen map, you must exit it from the field previous to the battle ending. Unfortunately, this causes a lot of edge hugging. Also, not everything can move off map. Undiscovered minefields, barbed wire, and roadblocks are suddenly discovered.

I am requesting that under Tournament Save, Fog of War is left intact in the end game map.

The Operation way (no end map) won't work for campaigns, as ammo levels need to be checked at the end of a battle.

Anyone agree or have a better solution to this campaign spoiler? Hoping this can make it into 1.06 smile.gif

Thanks, Matt Hyra

THIS would be a really sweet idea.

I haven't played with the tournament save, so I didn't know how the end game worked.

If it is easy to do, I would like to see this feature as well. I'm not a GM in the CMMC, but I AM a player.

Matt, why not post this on the mailing list and see what people think?

Jason

I agree, this feature is very important to the stability and realism of the CMMC, can we get some input from Charles or Steve?

------------------

You wouldn't know the dust of Thermopylae if it came up to you, handed you a business card reading "Dust of Thermopylae, 480 B.C.E.", then kicked you in the shins.

-Hakko Ichiu

Yes, I agree...

Even without a CMMC player attempting the gamey tactic of advancing into a GM setup CM battle and then retreating out to it turn 1, players will, over time, comply extremely detailed and accurate OoB's of the OPFOR.

And, the intel officer at Division will get 5 to 10 of these detailed reports a turn; the Corps Intel OIC will get 20 to 25; and Army will get 40 to 50! This will allow tactical intelligence of limited value to quickly become operational intelligence affording an extermely accurate view of the entire battlefield. This One CMMC turn = Comprehensive Picture is way beyond even today's intelligence collection capabilities.

This huge inaccuracy undermines a lot of the historical spirit CMMC was designed with. So please help us out BTS!

Thanks,

James.

I'm bumping this back up and adding this solemn, dignified request:

Please, BTS, please, please, please read this post and comment. We poor CMMC folk just want to have fun.

------------------

You wouldn't know the dust of Thermopylae if it came up to you, handed you a business card reading "Dust of Thermopylae, 480 B.C.E.", then kicked you in the shins.

-Hakko Ichiu

As a GM in the upcoming CMMC, I would like to second (or third) the suggestion by Matt and James above.

In addition to these, I would like to know if there is a method by which we could modify ammo loads for all units globally in scenarios created for the CMMC. This is an issue we have discussed on the GM mailing list that will also require a hell of a lot of time for GMs to set for each unit that may be able to be addressed by you "codewarriors".

Thanks for your consideration.

Good god, Steve, you answer the dog posts, the hamster posts, the crumply posts, the objectivist posts, the sewing machine posts, the CM8:Beyond Guadalajara posts, please answer this one.

------------------

-Hakko Ichiu

I am required, due to my blood oath to the CMMC, to bump this back up.

------------------

-Hakko Ichiu