BTS - requested feature for a future patch

I really really really hate the circular camera pivot CM has now, is there a reason why it pivots like this as opposed to a single point pivot all 3d game and FPS games have???

It also makes it impossible to make panaroma pics as well smile.gif

Another requested feature - I'd like to be able to lock to a unit and be able to pan left and right without dropping off the unit. Its especially annoying when you lock to a unit on the second floor, and want to move the camera an inch to the left to see something better, and then bam your on the bottom of the building frown.gif Just use the arrow keys to unlock off the unit instead of the mouse.

------------------

Check out my CM mods, Music and artwork :)

www.geocities.com/coolcolj

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KiloIndiaAlpha:

It's a long shot, but have you ever been involved in any of the Unified Endeavor exercises run by USACOM/JTASC? (Or any Prairie Warrior ex's run by Warrior Prep center?)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

KiloIndiaAlpha,

Unfortunately,no. Not yet anyway smile.gif

CoolColJ: Try this. Have your infantry on the second floor area target the direction you want to view. Hit the tab key. when you're done, retarget them normally.

------------------

When I die I want to go peacefully, like my grandfather, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car

Babra - that only works during orders, but most of the time, I lock onto units only when I playing back a movie frown.gif And when ya wanna get a better view you drop off. You automaticly move the mouse when you want to move the camera.

ccj

I too hate the circular rotate vs. point rotate. It would really be nice to have both. I wrestle all the time trying to get the view I really want, when it actually should be something I shouldn'g have to think about.

Please BTS, this would really fix things up closer to perfection.

Chris

It might be nice to have some programmable camera locations too. For instance they could be selected by hitting the special function keys (F1 thru F12). The location, altitude, and direction of each camera would be then be the last wwhich it was dragged to. That way just stepping through keys F1 thru F12 could give a quick visual tour of the battlefield.

For example F1 could be programmed a high alt top view, F2 to be the view from hill 123, F3 the view from the bad guys side looking back, etc.

------------------

March To The Sound Of The Guns