Note of Appreciation

As a newbie and former ASL player, I would like to express my sincere appreciation for all the outstanding mods that have been made to an already outstanding basic game. My order is backordered at the moment, but CMBO and CMBB will most certainly live up to (and beyond!) expectations, partly because of the really great job done by Battlefront and the folks that have made many of the mods that go along with it. I'm (not so smile.gif ) patiently waiting for the backorder to clear so I can get my copy of the combo package. To all, a superb job (based on the demos to date) and my thanks.

Best regards,

Glenn

hell, i'll chime in on this one

imho CM is the best damn game ever made

the only other game for me personally that has had the same kind of visceral impact and addiction factor was doom

in both case each game came along and changed the gaming world forever in their respective genres

so, add me to the list of gamers who hardily appreciate BTS's work in creating this masterpiece

bravo BTS

• 2 weeks later...

For me, the only other games that I turn to when not playing CMBO are the Talonsoft's campaign games, especially West Front and East Front II. Just like CMBO + CMBB, there are players out there working on the the game.They( the players ) are even bringing out a disc for EFII with the correct OOB's for German and Russian formations during WW2.

Hear, hear.

Newbie - old ASLer - and I usually *hate* these pat-em-on-the-back type posts. (They got my $, they should feel complimented enough already! smile.gif )

But I'll make an exception here because CM has been so *cool* to play. And I've barely scratched the surface.

Thanks for the excellent system! Thanks for the huge variety of scenarios! Thanks all round!

"Newbie - old ASLer - and I usually *hate* these pat-em-on-the-back type posts. (They got my $, they should feel complimented enough already! ) "

Yeah, for the most part I agree. However, I've seen so many really shoddy products (not in this hobby specifically, but in another) and with no hint of trying to make it right. This is refreshing here. BUT, my post was mostly directed at the folks who do the extra add-ons. These guys do it for nothing more than the gratification, and they do a really outstanding job in almost every case. Even more than the original game developers (who do get paid for their efforts, even if they can't buy that villa on the French Riveria from their proceeds :D ), the mod folks deserve a lot of credit for taking a really good product and making it a whole bunch better yet. smile.gif

Glenn

(PS - sure do miss ASL, but in the end, this is better) tongue.gif