is the cd a burn job when you buy it or is it factory quality like you would get norm

Guest Mortiis

Guest Mortiis

Is the cd you get good quality I would hate to find that I get a burned cd for my 45 bucks, great game and Im willing to fork cash over for it but not if the cd is one of those cheap ass dye coated jobbers that sooner or later end up being coasters/ thnx for reply in advance ps. how long did it take for any orders made in canada.

Guest Mortiis

What Im trying to figure out is wether or not the cd you get is normal, or a burn job, Im not familiar with how big of an operation big time is, so I just want to make sure that I dont end up with a poor quality burn job. Dont know how else to explain it except does the bottom of the disk look like any other disk you would buy?

Guest Germanboy

Factory, by the looks of it. There has been sufficient demand to make it cheaper for BTS to go to a CD press-works, I believe.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Carentan:

it's a scuffed-up cassette with the holes covered by scotch tape.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You got a cassette???

I've been loading these punch cards for hours! Pretty watermark, though...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

You got a cassette???

I've been loading these punch cards for hours! Pretty watermark, though...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You guys are the lucky ones. I got like 15 printed pages of hexadecimal that the manual says that I have to enter manually in a hex editor. Boy, I wish they would have sent punch cards instead...

Guest Madmatt

Hexidecimal!?! We used to DREAM of hexidecimal!

We used to get up 3 hours before we went to bed, in a bombed out server farm with poisonous eels at our naked feet and code Combat Mission on jagged slaps of granite with our teeth...

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Guest Madmatt

IT WON'T UNLESS YOU LEARN HOW TO TYPE WITHOUT...the caps lock on...

Madmatt

p.s. time of shipment depends on where you live...Its shipped via USPS

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

Hmmmm is Talonsoft a company or disease birds get?

Thanks for the info,,,I was curious too, I have to admit my ignorance and say that I had NEVER heard of BTS or Combat Mission until late last week,,,!!! NOW I CANT WAIT UNTIL MY COPY OF THE GAME ARRIVES!!!

The wife is just gonna have to go back to the typewrite to finish her thesis!!!

(Any of you married guys believe Im REALLY going to get a way with that?)

Hi everyone. New to this board and I'm in the same boat as Dragoon. I only just heard of BTS and of the new game last week. I will say though that back in 96 I placed a call to Avalon Hill to preorder my copy of the game back then. :lol I can't even remember the name..I think it was to be called Beyond Squad Leader. I used to have a subscription to The General and first saw it there.

So, I just ordered my copy Sunday night. After spending two days reading this board, all of the reviews and other items, I can't wait!!

Hope to meet all of you on the battlefield soon! And Dragoon..good luck on the wife thing. My wife knows I have the itch for this game already. Let's see...same thing happened on EF, WF, SOW, CC, SP and the list goes on. I think she's resigned to the fact that bedtime will be 2 A.M. or later if she's lucky when the CD arrives. smile.gif

Anyone here play 2AM's Chain of Command?? Not a very accurate game, just an online fun game to play with others. (only inquiring)

Sorry for babbling. So far, this appears to be an excellent forum. I look forward to posting here.

GI Tom

P.S. Former U.S. Sailor/Navy Seabee...Hoorah!

Guest Offwhite

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GI Tom:

After spending two days reading this board, all of the reviews and other items, I can't wait!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bit of a silly question, but you have DL'd the demo, right? Helps make the wait more bearable!

Thanks GI Tom, the wife thing is damn near as daunting as storming a modern day Bastille. Actually she is happy that Im not out chasing skirts, snorting cocaine, smoking crack etc. smile.gif Anyway Tom we'll have to hook up and have a firefight when we get our copies of CM!!! Have fun

Offwhite,

No laughing...no, I have not done the d/l yet. frown.gif Several reasons which are too long to go into here, but as of this very moment, no. I had planned too today or tomorrow, but I typically am a hard charger to begin with. I would have purchased the game regardless. LOL.

As I sit here at work, I was debating d/l it here, but no sound would make it very difficult I believe. So, hopefully the email I got from BTS is correct, today they will have shipped the CD which means I should have it by Monday of next week a the latest I would presume. (Just recently moved to Dallas Tx.)

Someone tell me if that's outrageous. From some of your wait times, I may be off the mark. My order was placed on the 9th. The email claimed it will be shipped in 1-2 days. Is this true!?!? Or am I wishing??

GI Tom

P.S. Sure thing Dragoon..would love to fight some battles with a newbie to the game as myself.

Guest Offwhite

GI Tom, I pre-ordered last year before I even owned a machine capable of running the game; I'd be the last to criticize anyone for making a rash ordering decision!

Here's hoping your two-day shipping estimate is accurate...