Screaming Meamies, or some such...

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YK2:

y *AHEM* I am neither a veteran or a hardcore grog and I knew what a "Screaming Meemie" was. Does that mean I win a coconut?

Guess being a Brit helps sometimes.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nicely deduced (for a woman) but not quite correct - if you know what it means it has been established that you are either a vet or a hardcore grog. It is the ultimate test of grogdom (alternatively you can post an educated post in the KWK 56L or whatever thread).

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-23-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Nicely deduced (for a woman) but not quite correct - if you know what it means it has been established that you are either a vet or a hardcore grog. It is the ultimate test of grogdom (alternatively you can post an educated post in the KWK 56L or whatever thread).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, what- da- ya- know, I passed an ultimate test and never even knew it.

Thanks Germanboy, think I'll go lurk in the KWK 56L thread now.

------------------

"What about those other a**holes? Mark IV? jdmorose? OldGimpyStumpoFile? Yak2? PatBoone? Gerbilboy?"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by :USERNAME::

I think the germans put whistles on the rockets to send thier regards. Another 'stuka' effect.

Lewis<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey! No-ones putting whistles on my rocket unless they at least give me a cuddle first! smile.gif

Actually, troops didn't mind the "freighttrain" sound of heavy arty, since the shell preceded the sound by a second or so, if you could hear it, it wasn't heading for you.

to quote my dad, (US army,'nam '63-'70)

"It's not the bullet with my name on it I'm worried about, it's the one addressed 'To whom it may concern'"

------------------

Pzvg

"Confucious say, it is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"

[This message has been edited by pzvg (edited 11-24-2000).]