Sound Mod v1.4

Help! I'm playing version 1.05 of CM on a Macintosh and I'm wondering how to install sound mods like yours. I have Stuffit Expander 5.5 which can handle .sit files, so I can download PC mods and then expand them back to their original .WAV files. What do I do with these .WAV files once I've got them (any clues...)? I appreciate any help or advice you can provide. Thanks!

Nathan Wilbur

nlwilbur@greennet.net

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by radcliffe:

Help! I'm playing version 1.05 of CM on a Macintosh and I'm wondering how to install sound mods like yours. I have Stuffit Expander 5.5 which can handle .sit files, so I can download PC mods and then expand them back to their original .WAV files. What do I do with these .WAV files once I've got them (any clues...)? I appreciate any help or advice you can provide. Thanks!

Nathan Wilbur

nlwilbur@greennet.net<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No idea. I have never used a Mac...

------------------

Jon Johnson

Audio/Video Productions

Matrix Games

How the heck did this thing know I wanted your sound files? I didn't even have to look for them, they just were there to start.

Hoooey, these new fangled com-puters are amazin'.

------------------

"Artillery is a terrible thing. God, I hate it."

Pvt. David Webster

101st airborne 1942-45

Hey,

Just finished listening to the 1.4 sounds. I really like the new stuff, except the 1.3 MG42 was waaayyyyy better. The 1.4 sounds, hmmm, wrong. Anyway, just my opinion. I'm keeping the 1.3 MG42, but switching the rest for the newer versions.

Reaper

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Reaper:

Hey,

Just finished listening to the 1.4 sounds. I really like the new stuff, except the 1.3 MG42 was waaayyyyy better. The 1.4 sounds, hmmm, wrong. Anyway, just my opinion. I'm keeping the 1.3 MG42, but switching the rest for the newer versions.

Reaper<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only reason I changed them was so that the sounds kinda sounded the same, if you know what I mean. Anyways, that is why I left v1.3 on Freedrive, in case someone liked the 'real' sounds better...

------------------

Jon Johnson

Audio/Video Productions

Matrix Games

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by radcliffe:

Nathan Wilbur

nlwilbur@greennet.net<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey Nathan you can edit them in sound edit.. do you have the program? if not I can when I get time mix it in to the sound files for mac... (time I don't have much but just but me enough and I should get it done)

What a tease! I go to download and get the following:

The Download limit for the FreeDrive account that owns this file has been exceeded. There is a limit of 500 megabytes of downloads in a 24-hour period for all FreeDrive accounts. Please try again later.

Now I'll have to continue with those old worn out sounds (which are great by the way!)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HijackGMH:

FYI, Free Drive has a download limit, which has been exceeded for NCrawler's account. Guess there is still no free lunch!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, at least it's only for 24 hours. My regular ISP (where I originally had them) has a 500mb/month limit. That really sucks!

------------------

Jon Johnson

Audio/Video Productions

Matrix Games

OK, this is the last time I will do this as I got swamped last time. If anyone would like the sounds emailed to them in 2mb chunks, send mail to: ncrawler@swbell.net. When I wake up this afternoon, I will send them out (I wake up around 4:00 pm CST and any requests after that time will have to be ignored.)

------------------

Jon Johnson

Audio/Video Productions

Matrix Games

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cyberized:

YO! NCrawler, how about having MaddMatt post them at "our" HQ?

Carry on Soldier! biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The v1.3 is already on CMHQ. The new ones may end up there soon...

------------------

Jon Johnson

Audio/Video Productions

Matrix Games

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

By the way... how about not putting all the old files in every new version... it would save us poor old modem users a lot of cash.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm finished tweaking the files in v1.4, so I will only be including new sounds in future updates...

------------------

Jon Johnson

Audio/Video Productions

Matrix Games

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NCrawler:

Actually, all you have to do is sign up with Freedrive (it's free) and then the files will be shared on your account. There is no password required...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I can't figure it out. I subscribed and don't see squat. I've got "My folder" "Automotive" (??) and "Internet" listed.

Can't find anything else there.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Phoenix:

Well I can't figure it out. I subscribed and don't see squat. I've got "My folder" "Automotive" (??) and "Internet" listed.

Can't find anything else there. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you've already signed up with Freedrive, click the link above and then login. You should have a shared folder called 'CM Sound Mod' (or something like that) attached to your account. You will have to wait until later tonight or tomorrow though as the 500mb/day limit has been exceeded.

------------------

Jon Johnson

Audio/Video Productions

Matrix Games

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom:

Hi Jon ,

thanks for the incredible stuff. Especially the new mortar and sniper sounds add a lot to the game.

Keep up the good work

Regards

Tom

BTW: did you check out the presentation of your mod on my site ?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Tom, glad you liked them.

Yes, I checked out your site. I love the graphic that you used. Nice...

------------------

Jon Johnson

Audio/Video Productions

Matrix Games