New Wars or Theaters

Has there been any talk on Theater or conflict additions. As for CM I would love to see the Russian Front. (lg scale tank battles) Or the Pacific Theater (close in jungle fighting + beach landings)

As for Conflicts the CM Platform would be perfect for the Vietnam conflict. Do any of you have any info or thoughts on this.

CM 2 is going to be the Eastern front, Barbarossa to Berlin. Due out late late next year, hopefully November-December.

After that North Africa and then The opening months of the war...Poland, France. I'm not sure which is coming next after CM2.

-john

Jeez! Don't mention Vietnam around here! Unless you want fivehundred posts about how fun it would be to go creeping around in the jungle for a month and shoot your guns once.

Do a Vietnam search. you'll see what I mean!

Mord.

According to BTS, CM3 will be North Africa, and CM4 will be "Early War". Maybe CM5 will be the Pacific. Of course after CM4 they will probably begin work on CM II (nextgen engine)..

------------------

Ob's stürmt oder schneit, ob die Sonne uns lacht, der Tag glühend heiß oder eiskalt die Nacht, bestaubt sind die Gesichter, doch froh ist unser sinn, ja unser sinn, es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin

-- Panzerlied

past posts, mine included, asking for contemporary versions of CM were stumped by modern weapon range vs possible map size

what if onmap weapons were restricted to man-portable, plus the usual swarm of offmap support?

of course direct fire range also doesn't help as much in rough terrain, so perhaps just having maps limited to rough terrain would be enough

just my $0.02. right now i oscillate between TacOps and CMBO. one's modern but isn't as immersive, the other's WW2 but has a slicker UI. i'm gonna crack under the strain smile.gif

There is a nucleus of die-hard Pacific War lovers who are still in hopes of it happening.

I personally think it would be very well received and am lobbying to that intent.

If the people want it, BTS will listen. It would, of course, be after the upcoming other modules already mentioned and might be a few years, but it is worth the effort to let BTS know that there is interest here.

I hope we can.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sapper69:

Nam had plenty of conventional battles. The VC and NVA would make excellent material.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not arguing with you Sapper I wouldn't mind seeing it myself. But after some thought on a thread I had, I think there'd be alot more to it than what CM is at this point.

Check out Combat Mission Vietnamers Unite thread.

Mord

I would love to see a CM:Modern Battles but I understand the range issues. But if it were set in the 1970s or 1980, effective ranges of non-artillery weapons systems would fit on a CMBO map as it stands now. In a few years when BTS gets around to it, I am sure map sizes could be doubled, if not quadrupled. It will be really cool to see what BTS can do with smoke trails, etc. And it would be really, really cool to watch a full MLRS barrage. 14" Arty on steroids.

WWB

------------------

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salatamus.