Winter .bmp help please

After installing the Gunslinger terrain mods (at least I'm pretty sure those are the culprits), things look great with one glaring exception: winter battles. The tree bases are too dark, and more importantly, the basic snowy ground tiles seem to have very pale grid lines between tiles, or at least the .bmps don't fully reach each other. I tried installing the second MDMP, which from the description would fix winter terrain, but no luck. Stil the pale lines where the tiles join. Does anyone know how to fix this, such as which winter terrain .bmps I can install to fix the problem? Thanks.

------------------

Hope you got your things together,

Hope you are quite prepared to die. --CCR

Those grid lines are there on purpose. In fact, the winter ground tiles you speak of *are* from the MDMP, not Gunslingers. You can also get grided grass tiles as well. The grid lines were put there to help one distinguish ground contours a little better.

I can't recall which winter tree bases I'm using, but I *think* they are the MDMP ones.

------------------

--"We want information."

--"Information."

--"Information."

--"Who are you?"

--"The new Number 2."

--"Who is Number 1?"

--"You are Number 6."

--"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

--"Hahahahahahahaha."

The weird thing is, I remember playing winter scenarios without them in the past, yet I know I had both MDMP's installed at that time. Maybe some other mods fixed the grid lines, and now I've accidentally put them back in? I install so many mods, it's hard to keep track smile.gif

------------------

I've noticed the same thing. Before with winter battles, I never noticed the grid lines. I just got a new PC and noticed the same scenario has grid lines now. I am playing at much higher resolution so maybe that has something to do with it. The tree bases seem to be okay. I am using the gunslinger/magua/kump subdued textures.

------------------

If it bleeds..we can kill it.

Guest Madmatt

Okay,

I know what you are seeing. All grass (and snow) have two sets. A regular version numbered 1550.bmp-1569 and a lower res version which loads when the game detects that you have not enough Vram (1500-1519.bmp)

All you need to do, is look at a texture within either range, figure out which set doesn't have the grids and then copy and rename the appropriate set. The files are equivalent so 1500 is equal to 1550 and 1501 is equal to 1551 etc...

When you upgraded you are now seeing the grids because you probably have a better vide card. Just copy 1500-1519, rename them 1550-1569 and paste them back into the BMP folder.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

Actually, it looks like those are just grass textures, and the snow textures are between 800 and 850. I don't know which ones are the high-res/higher VRAM version though. Any suggestions? Thanks.

------------------

I concur with LuckyStrike. No gridlines with MDMP winter terrain. Last week I put on gunslingers and the winter terrains now have grids. Thanks for the info Matt, I'll check it out... It sucks having photorealistic terrain with grid lines running through it. If I want to see the terrain contour, I'll jump to view #1 and do it right!

Guest Lord General MB

Soldiers,

We need some CM Borg in here to asimulate these two....

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Guest Madmatt

Doh, sorry, I missed that you were asking about snow textures and not the basic grass. I will have to look up the number for them.

Madmatt.

I looked very carefully and this is what I discovered.

GRIDDED SNOW ISSUE:

Gridded snow is from Gunslinger, bmp's

1470-1489 (hi-res)

The snow by MDMP 2 and Gunslinger, where I can't tell any difference, is 800-819 (lo-res).

You can DELETE the 1470-1489 bmp's to have the game switch to the MDMP2 snow 800-819. OR you can copy from the CD to replace 1470-1489. Wonder why MDMP2 only replace the low memory card bmp's?

DARK SNOW TREE BASE

MDMP2 and Gunslinger have the same snow tree bases. Its a dark snow to get rid of the original p@$$ color snow tree bases. Its an easy thing to lighten these up but keep them identifiable from the rest of the snow. I could do this and make it available pretty quick, but you may want to wait for DD's new mod which should be out soon.

------------------

Garry Kump

Kump's CM Outpost

[This message has been edited by kump (edited 11-19-2000).]

Checked and verified. Thanks. Now of course, I managed to get the pee snow tree bases back in thanks to my fiddling frown.gif Anyone know the numbers of the darker high-res tree base .bmps without gridlines from mdmp or whatever? Thanks.

------------------