missing scenarios

HELP!

Running CM v1.o5 with new beta patch. I downloaded the 10 newest scenarios from CMHQ. Of the ten, only four (Polder Bridge, Debut of the Jadgtiger, Tiger Trap and Omaha East) show up on the game's menu of scenarios.

If I go into explorer, the other six are there, yet they do no show up on the game's menu.

I had upgraded to winzip8 and thought there might be a bug there so I went back to winzip7, downloaded the scenarios again yet got the same result.

As far as the beta patch goes, I downloaded it, pushed the test button and hit finish. I assume I did that correctly to install it.

So HELP! Why are there scenarios listed in explorer but not in the game menu. This may all sound trivial, but an uncle was at Waurichen and I neeeeeed it bad! Please help and Happy Holidays!

B

The only two ways scenarios won't show up in the list is (1) if they are not in the proper Scenario folder, and (2) if they don't have the proper fie extension of either .cmb or .cmc. Which brings me to a third way really... Check the Operations list. Some of those scenarios may actually be Operations.

Thanks for the advice. Actually, one of the scenarios is an operation, so discount that possibility. I just checked the scenarios through explorer and they all have a .cmb extension.

I really don't understand this since I have downloaded many, many scenarios prior to this trouble.

As far as the proper scenarios folder goes, there is only one, isn't there?

Any other ideas?

Colonel,

Just a thought, but do you have the v1.1b24 patch? If you are using a patch that is older than the one used to make the scenario, it may not appear. I may be wrong, but it could be worth a shot.

------------------

SuperTed

Wild Bill and the Raiders

Boots & Tracks Team Member

I've found the same thing. It happened when I would search for them with ver 1.05. I eventually found them when I used ver 1.1b24 (same with b23) instead. I just figured that they were finalized by the scenario creator with the beta and not the ver. 1.05.

Jumbo

Just a hunch, but try running the v1.1b24 version and not the v1.05. There are two different executables. If you've got Shortcuts, make sure you have one that makes reference to the Beta executable.

I have a desktop folder that contains both executable shortcuts plus a TON of shortcuts to batch files that install mods.

Maximus pretty well sums it up.

After installing the beta, an extra "CM program" called an executable file [.exe] is created in your CMBO folder. To use this new executable file (that makes use of ver. 1.05 I believe), you go into Windows Explorer and create a shortcut for this new executable file. Next you put it on your desktop. When you want ver. 1.05, you access it like normal. When you want the beta, you double-click the newly created icon. You should be able to see the "missing" scenarios by accessing the icon for the beta.

They aren't really missing. Ver. 1.05 just doesn't see them as scenarios that it can use. Thats all.

I will say that this wasn't apparent to me at either. It took a little research and help from Matt and other board members -for which I am grateful.

Happy Holidays all.

Jumbo

Something similar happened to me too. But that happened when I upgraded from 1.1b16(?) to 1.1b23. One of the downloaded games was corrupted (I don't know how), and won't show, as did the rest of the games below it (in alphabetical order). The title included strange symbols. I did a visual check and spotted the strange title. I deleted the file, which solved the problem. I don't know if this will work in your case though . . .

------------------

"The lesson, my young ignorant boys, is this: don't be a hero, on horseback, or otherwise. Always stay behind cover." SS Col. Heinz Von Krupp Thorvald (German top sniper in the seige of Stalingrad, after a massacre of charging Polish cavalry by Panthers--"Rattenkreig")

Hey Col. Klink

If you are still having a problem let me know. I know exactly how to get your scenarios back, but may take some typing and not going to do all that if you got the problem fixed.

In short you may have downloaded what ever version you are using to a different folder than were the default for the Beta downloads to. This is what I had done.

Ya I have troubles understanding some of these explainations. So if that makes no sense let me know and I will help out.

I too had the same problem and took me all night but finally got it.

Also I am not a newbie I just changed names.

Your my first reply with my new name.

Posts 1 yeeha