Graphic Interface Total Conversion Mod: HiVis version now ready!

deanco

OK folks, it's done and ready to download at my site:

http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

I think it's a lot better this way, and it was worth the extra time doing it. New screens and a list of changes are up at the site. Now if you'll excuse me, I never want to see Photoshop again for the rest of my life! smile.gif

DeanCo--

Oh, yes, I'll be mailing all the usual suspects soon if they want to host this mod. And the guys at Appui-Feu, the French site, are gonna translate it. Thanks all.

Again, thanks very much for for all of your effort with this work. The "+" on the unit infomation section is much easier to understand. As too, is the opening screen and your other changes.

Just one suggestion though (yeah, I know... suggestions are like a--holes, everybody got one). The main battle selection screen(which you changed from red to tan), is still somewhat difficult to read and is a little hard on the eyes-I'm beginning to think it may be due to the samll font, or perhaps it's just due to my old age.

Anyway, thanks so much for the overhall (and for the mod in the 1st place)!

------------------

"Do not needlessly endanger your lives until I give you the signal"

Dwight D. Eisenhower

and don't forget the other part of the anus/opinion analogy:everyone's got one and thinks everyone else's stinks.

great mod. i kept a few of the original .bmps(buttons and pics of soldiers) but your mod is a big improvement!

------------------

"They had their chance- they have not lead!" - GW Bush

"They had mechanical pencils- they have not...lead?" - Jon Stewart on The Daily Show

Thanks all. I'm going back to playing Combat mission for a while now, to enjoy my handiwork! smile.gif I have to admit, I think it looks a lot cooler this way myself, but I'm gonna be playtesting it to see if I can make it better. I'm still not completely happy with the morale icons...

As far as the scenario screen goes, boy I tried a lotta different colors. The only one that really worked good was when I changed it by mistake to the original washed out green! smile.gif Blue woulda worked good but you can still see those red Combat Mission letters in the background and it clashed bigtime. Anyway I wanted to stay away from blue. Red and black was the theme. Anyway, just squint for a week, I'll get back to it in a bit. smile.gif

Future projects include the map editor, and the nav and VCR buttons. And those pesky morale icons...I have an idea about that I want to try out myself first.

If what I did adds to your enjoyment of this great game, than I'm pleased as heck.

DeanCo--

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deanco:

OK folks, it's done and ready to download at my site...

I think it's a lot better this way, and it was worth the extra time doing it. DeanCo--

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DeanCo,

As the apparent 'chief art critic' of version 1, I don't know which is more impressive--the way you nailed all of the issues/nits I raised spot-on, or the fact that you did it in under a day! A brilliant job! Thanks on behalf of high resolution CM users everywhere. <g> I've already emailed a copy to my PBEM opponents and urged 'em to give it a try.

Jim

Guest Lord General MB

Sirs,

Nice! little heavy on the "Disco colours," though. But who cares!! Good Work!!

------------------

Cheers,

Lord General Mr. Bill,

1st Army

Hi everyone,

Once again, thanks for your kind words.

Cybeq, I'm glad you like the old version better. That's why I made 2, one with "disco colors" smile.gif , and one more subdued. The original version is still available for download at my site and CMHQ.

Iconoclast, it's really good you brought up those issues because my first try I was so starved for color in the interface (I'm a Video Gamer if you haven't guessed already) that I just turned everything up to 10. It really made me go back and look at the situation more calmly. I prefer it the new way myself, the subdued colors go better with the 3D screen and make the whole thing look more like....a whole thing! smile.gif

Actually...I lied. I'm working on some new icons right now for confirmed players that will streamline the interface even more. I'll keep you posted.

DeanCo--

Just a quick suggestion. Why not make the exclamation point graphic, which shows up when your units are routed, a solid black color? You already have exclamation points in your textual graphics. I am going to do this to mine now and see how it looks...

------------------

Jon Johnson

Audio/Video Productions

Matrix Games