Big site update, new mod, and a poll!

I finally got off my lazy ass and updated my CM site : http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

Two new sections are open in the Newbie Guides : the Basic Principles of War, with overviews of flanking fire, recon, concentration of force, etc etc... and the Tactics Guide is finally up! I have 2 fine articles by Todd Justice and Jeff Newell just waiting for you! Todd sent me an Infantry Tactics primer, with tons of cool screenshots that illustrate his points, and Jeff wrote a shorter piece on using tanks correctly. Thanks guys!

To top it all off Jeff Pinard has submitted a mod for my Healthbar mod. It changes the HQ bonus icons and casualty icons and I can tell you he's fit the Healthbar vibe to a T. The screen and DL link are right on the front page so if you use the Healthbar mod swing on by and check it out yourself!

-----------------

I know a lot of you are using one of my mods because I've seen the download stats. But what I don't know is which one. So for upcoming mods I would like to know which of my mods is the most widely used.

So would you folks mind dropping me an email at :

deanco@ifrance.com

and telling me simply which interface (Hi-Vis, Healthbar, or Grog) you use. If you have any suggestions on how to improve the interfaces I would like to hear them of course but it's not necessary. Just the one word will do. This way I can work on improvements to the more widely used interface.

Thanks very much.

DeanCo--

Deanco:

You're probably aware, I use your HIVIS. The one that was originally posted on CMHQ. I then modified your interface with an ADDON.

I dropped your Splash screens (?) and added my own. Added some icons, famous faces, slightly different text and colors. Madmatt posted last week.

Your mod was my inspiration! :cool

Deanco

I'm still using your excellent HIVIS interface, I prefer it to Grog. Haven't tried healthbar yet, but ... wink.gif

BTW, POW and TG are quite useful - even after playing CM for awhile.

[This message has been edited by Gadget (edited 11-07-2000).]

Thanks for all your responses folks. I am bumping this back up to the top for 2 reasons.

1) I still don't have enough responses to make a good judgement call on which one is the most widely used. I'm hoping a few more will post here or email me with their preference. (BTW, the initial reaction has been good. Apparently a lot of you use and are happy with my interfaces. So thanks to you all for your kind words!)

AND....

2) I have done a new sidepanel mod for the Grog interface! I took a WWII operational map and messed with it a bit. As usual, screens and the DL link are right on the front page. So, for all you mod hungry mothers out there, get your butt on over to :

http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

and get it while it's hot!

DeanCo--

I'm using the Grog interface with several modifications - and liking it a lot, but you probably know that already.

One of these days I'll send you a full list of my changes, I have a bit of trouble finding the time for it and I want to make a well-documented presentation with some examples included.