'soon to be locked down' philosophical discussion

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Minnesota Joe:

Whoops, apolagies to Seanachai (I can't believe I'm saying this). I read your post too quickly and accidentally thought it a negative stab towards me (you have done such things before). ANyway after reading it once more, I found this was not the case (damn, I cannot believe I am doing this).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No apologies necessary. Everyone has a different idea of fun, and when I opened the doors to the 'Cesspool', I knew I'd have to deal with some of the weirder. I am vastly pleased with your post about it being same (the Cesspool). If my satires came off as negative, I do apologize (I can do that outside the Cesspool, and mean it, as well smile.gif ) I just have a peculiar sense of fun, and I take no exception to your exception, as I seriously, truly, and completely do believe that all are entitled to their opinion. In all honour, each seeks his own place. Mine, right now, is trying to wrestle Meeks back into a more receptive environment, before he does himself an injury. Although...Peng, I think they're starting to take Meeks as being a humorous mad git. We can only hope. If I sit on his chest, can you hit him in the head with a brick?

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 09-02-2000).]

Well said MrTea. He's lucky no-one has called the proper authorities...

oh!

haverymeyer, you are like soooo coool and stuff. can I like hang wit you dude? Oh wait! if you've seen this stuff way back in the late 80's then you must be OLD, right? or what? cynical? jaded? absolutely NO FUN!? a cranky old man with one little coin to endlessly twirl?

"I WAS SAYING SILLY THINGS AND PICKING FIGHTS WITH A COMPUTER AN ENTIRE DECADE BEFORE YOU TWITS CAME ALONG. WHY, DAMMIT, WHEN I DID A CYBER TAUNT, WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY OF THIS FANCY SCHMANCY GUI STUFF. BY GAWD, WHEN YOU TAUNTED SOMEONE YOU TAUNTED IN DOS!! VERSION 1.2! COMMAND LINE ONLY PAL, AND MAYBE 12 COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM. AND FONTS? HTML? FERGETTABOUTIT! grumble bruble snort brleafhnifn. blasdsadv.

we now return you to BTS who will surely lock this soon. we hope. but only after h~meyer gets to say something back...one hopes in all fairness.

Peng

------------------

A Journey of a thousand miles starts with a single gunshot wound to the foot.

[This message has been edited by MrPeng (edited 09-02-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrPeng:

"WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY OF THIS FANCY SCHMANCY GUI STUFF. BY GAWD, WHEN YOU TAUNTED SOMEONE YOU TAUNTED IN DOS!! VERSION 1.2! COMMAND LINE ONLY PAL, AND MAYBE 12 COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM. AND FONTS? HTML? FERGETTABOUTIT!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

biggrin.gif

Well in that case, I will just stand aside as you and Peng dispence with your taunting toward Meeks. It seems that you two and several others (mostly from the cesspool smile.gif ) are especially gifted in that area. Taunt away, but let it be known that the whole cesspool thing was just a gag, and I have actually found it as a compliment that you renamed that..er...place after that single post (even if the intent was for sarcasm).

------------------

Ah scheist.

[This message has been edited by Minnesota Joe (edited 09-02-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MrPeng:

Well said MrTea. He's ;lucky no-one has called the proper authorities...oh!

haverymeyer, you are like soooo coool and stuff. can I like hang wit you dude? Oh wait! if you've seen this stuff way back in the late 80's then you must be OLD, right? or what? cynical? jaded? absolutely NO FUN!? a cranky old man with one little coin to endlessly twirl?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What it this, a barfight?! Peng, you sit on Meeks' chest while I hit him with a brick. Havermeyer, you ignore Peng. Meeks, just lie still and let me hit you with the damn brick. You'll feel better, and know oh so much more about all those troubling philosophical questions once...we've...beaten...some...damn...sense...into...you...head G'night, all.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Minnesota Joe:

Taunt away, but let it be known that the whole Cesspool thing was just a gag, and I have actually found it as a compliment that you renamed that..er...place after that single post (even if the intent was for sarcasm).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I Knew It!!! smile.gif

Mankato, Mankato, Mankato, We Love you, Amen!

Crack Two!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Seanachai (edited 09-02-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seanachai:

What it this...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe this is one of yours.

"click-click-BANG"

I'll help you lug the guts into the next room.

Or, to coin yet another phrase:

"Follow Meeks, and I'll show you where the padlocks grow."

frown.gif

Now, about that rematch...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

I believe this is one of yours.

"click-click-BANG"

I'll help you lug the guts into the next room.

Or, to coin yet another phrase:

"Follow Meeks, and I'll show you where the padlocks grow."

frown.gif

Now, about that rematch...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks, Mark IV. Now, I know you're busy teaching a number of people who've gotten a bit 'above' themselves about the realities of war, but I wouldn't mind a rematch in the-

Meeks: Urrrggghhhhh. I'm not quite dead yet.

Seanachai: Yes you bloody well are, you'll be stone dead in a minute. Mark IV's done for you, lad, as he's done for a number of others on this board, and the man knows what he's doing. Now lie still and expire.

Meeks: I'm getting better...

Seanachai: Even if I was to believe you for a moment, it'll do you no good. If you actually are getting better, than drag your useless self on over to the Peng Thread and have a bit of a lie down, until you can be attended to properly. Now, as I was saying Mark IV, I wouldn't mind a rematch in the not too distant future, as soon as you've handed out proper lessons to your present lot of opponents. Do you want to stand on Meeks until he stops twitching, or shall I? I'm not wearing new shoes, or anything...

------------------

Seanachai: Bring out your dead.

Meeks: I'm not dead yet ...

Seanachai: Yes you are.

Meeks: I'm feeling better. I think I'll go for a walk ...

------------------

"Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" ā€” Oddball

"Crap." ā€” Moriarty

*Click of key in door lock --- sound of door swinging open and light switch being flicked on --- wet-squishy-footsteps noise*

"Great Gawd-a-Mighty! What the hell is all over the floor!?! Irene! Irene! Get me my galloshes and the plunger --- No, make that my hip-waders and the snake! The damn toilet in the Other thread has overflowed again!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by von Lucke:

*Click of key in door lock --- sound of door swinging open and light switch being flicked on --- wet-squishy-footsteps noise*

"Great Gawd-a-Mighty! What the hell is all over the floor!?! Irene! Irene! Get me my galloshes and the plunger --- No, make that my hip-waders and the snake! The damn toilet in the Other thread has overflowed again!"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look, we're awfully sorry about this...we try to keep it all contained. Some of the looser cannons will insist on bouncing about...he just can't get 'philosophical' discussions on the other thread. Normally, we try to avoid dragging The Thread into Other threads, but this one was pointless from the get-go, so it's not like we're doing any actual damage. In any case, this thread should die out as soon as we've dragged yon' twitching loon back to the other place...sorry for any inconvenience...

------------------

Guest Germanboy

Right, everybody get a move on now, nothing to see here. The next venue of this kind is on the corner of Peng Ave. Senility Street.

Von Lucke has brought the mop to make himself useful, there's a good lad.

------------------

Andreas

If you have this much time on your hands, might I suggest painting your house.

Off topic (as a matter of fact, way off in left field) frown.gif

------------------

Pzvg

"Murphy's law of combat #10, never forget your weapon is made by the lowest bidder

Guest Michael emrys

Maybe if we chopped him up into little teensy bits we could cram them into odd corners of CARE packages being sent to the starving children of China, huh?

Michael

Guest Big Time Software

OK, I'm not EXACTLY sure what to make of this thread... but I'm not sure it should keep going. If it is going to be a taunting thread, perhaps the Mr. Peng Challengeā„¢ thread is a better place for it? Since we are trying to see how many posts in one thread it takes to crash our server best to keep it all in one place so we can find out sooner rather than later smile.gif

Steve