Combat mission 2? 3?

I saw some one in a post write CM3.... is there a CM 2 or am i a blazing newbe who knows nothing? Cm is great i understand the limitations and sure i would love to see the whole 9 men and cant wait to see a CM2. maybe on a great system yes it could be done but i understand wanting low system requirements and i would rather good game play then pretty squads or seeing the dirt in the tank treds.

I would suggest a search for any in depth discussion.

Without doing one myself, IIRC:

CM2 - Eastern Front, uses CM1 engine with minor changes

CM3 - Western Front, early war, uses CMBO engine

CM4 - North Africa, uses CMBO engine

CM II - New game, including a complete re-write of the engine. Don't hold your breath.

Jeff Heidman

You got your versions mixed up ther Jeff. tongue.gif

CM2: Eastern Front (Russia-possibly Poland, Berlin, etc) Working Title: "Barbarossa & Beyond"

CM3: Mediterranean Theater (North Africa, Italy, Greece/Crete) Working Title: None so far. Polled before, but no one has really come up with anything all encompasing.

CM4: Early War (Poland, France, Low Countries) Working Title: "Blitzkrieg!"

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt.Tom:

CM2 sounds cool but I cannot wait for CM4, IMHO that is the coolest period of the war. Anyone else fascinated by the early war years?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[waves hand wildly; bounces in anxious fashion behind desk]

Me! Me! Oh, Teacher, I love the early war years! I want to attack the French so bad!

wink.gif

Michael

The early war in Europe was my first focus. It drew me as nothing in popular culture was based around it (ie. few movies). It was interesting to get beyond the simple assumptions about Germans being all round the best fighters with the French always surrendering. In comparison with the last four years of the war, the first two were extremely 'humaine'.