OT: New patch for Panzer Elite finally out

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

I'm an old Panzer Elite player and can recommend the game in spite of some serious early bugs. Hopefully these have been addressed. There were a good number of players for PE on Kali, seek the SimHQ server. biggrin.gif

Unfortunately I've had to remove Panzer Elite, not out of dislike or disgust but simply due to lack of drive space frown.gif. I really miss that game, so much so I'm begging give me a disk drive please oh please please. Maybe I can hang out in front of Fry's with a cardboard sign inscribed "Will work for gigabytes". biggrin.gif

Applied the patch.....,Cranked it up again and took my MAUS out for a stroll in the Italian country side to feed on a bunch of shermans. It was a blast.

That game is a good tank sim. Too bad they couldn't spawn an after-market support community like CMBO. I'd like to see all the tanks of WWII modeled in the Panzer Elite engine.

------------------

"Then we shall fight in the shade." (Greek general's comment upon being told that the Persian archers could blot-out the sun with their arrows.)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Turret Ring:

That game is a good tank sim. Too bad they couldn't spawn an after-market support community like CMBO. I'd like to see all the tanks of WWII modeled in the Panzer Elite engine.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Some cats at the following site are doing all sortsa goo for PE ... check out the Panzer Elite Development Group at http://www.pedg.de/ wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CrazyCurt:

Some cats at the following site are doing all sortsa goo for PE ... check out the Panzer Elite Development Group at http://www.pedg.de/ wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks CrazyCurt.

I've been there and I am enjoying some of their mods now. Some other folks have also done MODS for PE. I guess what I should have said was I wish there were as many after-market efforts as there are for CMBO. I have never seen an after-market community grow as quickly as CMBO's.

And... I think it's thanks to Charles and Steve and the way they feel about treating their clients that has made this possible.

------------------

"Then we shall fight in the shade." (Greek general's comment upon being told that the Persian archers could blot-out the sun with their arrows.)