Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

I love my CM...

Well, in light of all the so called "negative" posts, I am going to put up a good one regarding CM.

I am selling all of my other wargames on Ebay next weekend. (Not kidding). My wife is in shock. The list includes (no laughing, some of these are old)

Aces of the Deep (Dynamix)

High Command (Three-Sixty)

V for Victory Pak (Three-Sixty)

Commando's (Edios)

Soldiers of War (SSI)

Close Combat 1 and 2 (Microsoft)

East Front (Talonsoft)

Ardennes Offensive (SSI)

Gary Grigsby's Pacific War (SSI)

Steel Panthers (SSI)

The Complete Carriers at War (SSG)

Panzer General (SSI)

The Perfect General (QQP)

Iron Cross (New World Computing)

Those are merely the ones I still own. I have had/played several others that are lost/gone.

My wife thinks I'm nuts, but I am totally sold/hooked on CM. I will support their product 100 percent. It's an amazing product. I can't wait for the new versions and CM2 to come out. (Although I am in no rush as I have TONS to play of this version still). I have never been totally taken by such a superb WWII game ever! Thank you BTS! (No, I'm not sucking up)

Anyway, I just thought I'd post that in light of the many other posts. This will be the "I'm happy just the way the product is" thread.

I saw a post a few days or a week ago that someone at BTS posted. I can't remember from whom but it basically said this:

We will do our best to keep our client base happy. We want to retain you all as players and your input is basically invaluable as it will help us improve the game to keep a quality product there for you.

Well, if BTS is going to do that for me, I'm going to give them my loyalty, 100 percent until they make me think otherwise by doing something to go back on their word/promises.

I am a principle driven person.

I like the fact BTS is making a product only available from them.

Thank you BTS.

You may all resume your lives now. smile.gif

GI Tom

------------------

To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of wierd sandwich.

I ain't gonna go quite as far as GI Joe here, but heck ah does like the game as is. It ain't perfect, then agin ah ain't either! biggrin.gif

Luv the game, 'specially since I can fool around with the scenario editor.

------------------

unca pathy will show ya the path,

if only he could find it himself!

[This message has been edited by pathfinder (edited 07-18-2000).]

Hey GI Tom,

Well I can't say that I'll dump all my other wargames but... I know what you mean! This game isn't just brilliant it has created a whole new genre. Think about that. This game is to wargames and computer games in general what Wolfenstein 3d was to the FPS.

Great stuff!

Calvin

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GI Tom:

Well, in light of all the so called "negative" posts, I am going to put up a good one regarding CM.I am selling all of my other wargames on Ebay next weekend. (Not kidding). My wife is in shock. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have been assimilated

------------------

Resistance is Futile

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GI Tom:

Well, in light of all the so called "negative" posts, I am going to put up a good one regarding CM.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

GI Tom: Your post is appreciated and well-taken.

I'm sure you've seen a hundred takes on the lamp/bottle*-with-a-genie-in-it, that grants you 3 wishes.

Has anyone not yelled at the screen, "NO, you idiot, ask for a 4th wish!"? Or, "unlimited follow-up wishes"? Well, of course they have.

And so it is with BTS and CM. We have the wargame of our dreams, and a developer who listens to us. The genie is out of the bottle and it's only natural that folks will try to get one more wish granted, while these Golden Days of Wargaming still shine. There's just an awful lot of folks and wishes.

But someday, thought-typing from your rocker at the home, you'll wheeze:

"I remember when Combat Mission first came out, and changed the way we did things!" or some such. And you won't remember all those "negative" posts, but a community which strove as a single entity to be the best wargaming forum it could be, under the tutelage and inspiration of proud, tall men, who asked "why not?" and cast their sails broadly before a strange new wind...

...so I hope you don't see ALL the kvetching as purely negative. We are the people who crawled out from under the flat, fetid rocks of "niche" products, and have suddenly inhaled the salt breeze of Truth, Freedom, and Hope. We have glimpsed the dawn and we crave the light! We are crawling ashore and evolving in the golden sun of this Brave New World!

So forgive a false step of the newly-footed fin, these gasping gills in arid heights. Let every man proclaim "I was there- when Combat Mission waded ashore!"

We mean well.

CM Borg: I trust you're not implying... anything. There's an odor of a certain lunch meat here lately.

*Bottle offer subject to 10 cent deposit in Michigan.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark IV:

...so I hope you don't see ALL the kvetching as purely negative. We are the people who crawled out from under the flat, fetid rocks of "niche" products, and have suddenly inhaled the salt breeze of Truth, Freedom, and Hope. We have glimpsed the dawn and we crave the light! We are crawling ashore and evolving in the golden sun of this Brave New World!

So forgive a false step of the newly-footed fin, these gasping gills in arid heights. Let every man proclaim "I was there- when Combat Mission waded ashore!"

We mean well.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MarkIV,

I certainly didn't intend for it to come across that way, so let me clarify. There have been, IMHO, some truly negative remarks made here about the game in respect to certain items that people "feel" need to be changed immediately.

However, I of course expect tons and tons of comments about how to improve the game as well. The majority of these posts, again IMHO, fall under this category. I was merely focusing on the ones that were adamant that changes HAD to be made IMMEDIATELY as play balance was SEVERELY affected. Those were the posts I was targeting. smile.gif

GI Tom

P.S. All wargames gone in a matter of a few days! Ahhh..to be free again, now when I sit down at the computer, I don't have any decisions to make. Only one disk out of "dad's stack of disks" to grab now. smile.gif So I guess its not really a stack now. It shall be now called "Dad's Disk". My kids are forbidden to even look at it harshly let alone touch it. My wife may throw it away after a while though. smile.gif

I think I'll set it up like the opening scenes in Indiana Jones first movie. It will be on a pedastal that collapses the whole house if someone touches or moves it. smile.gif

------------------

Guest dirkd1976

Anyone know who his CM Borg guy is? I honestly think he is from outerspace. eek.gif

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Anyone know who his CM Borg guy is? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, but I'll bet he'll be the first guy to make member without having to figure out what to type each time, hell he's probably got "You have been assimilated" set up in a macro. smile.gif

Joe

Well, I've gone and done it!! Took a bit longer than expected, but I had a vacation I didn't take into account when I first posted this. Not that anyone cares, but i'm in a posting mood.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=393155413

Hey, I wonder if I can get a first time, unprecedented, second "I have been assimilated" from the borg.

Sorta like an encore. One for getting the game, and one for selling all of my others?

And I was sure to plug CM in my post. I'm not tryin' to rob anyone, just looking to make some other, uninformed person about CM a happy guy with a bunch of wargames. Why on earth would anyone want to buy these if they knew about CM is beyond me, but hey, to each his/her own. But, I gave it a try by posting the battlefront website, so they can't say they weren't warned ahead of time. smile.gif

GI Tom

------------------

I agree with CM being the best, but Im definetly not going to sell all my wargames because of it.

I just hope CM2 has troops that gain expierience and a chance to do campagins, where you feel the attrition part of warfare that Germany felt on the Eastern Front.