So why does the AI not play both sides?

Am I the only one who would sometimes like to watch the AI play both sides? Would be like watching a film and a darn good learning experience for newbies.

It seems not too dificult to introduce an AI-hotseat battle, like other games. Come on BTS! In a future patch?

Or maybe in CM2 then? biggrin.gif

------------------

My squads are regular, must be the fibre in the musli...

Guest MantaRay

I was thinking this very thing last night. I think it would be great for testing scenarios, if only for time considerations.

Ray

BUMP! This is a definite must for CM2. Also, it would be nice if BTS could stick in an 'auto setup' option for quick battles. There are those times that I come home from a long day at work and just need to blow up a sherman or three, but don't want to bother with purchase or setup.

WWB

Hmmm, I guess... But wait, with technology what it is, what about TCP/IP AI interfaces. I could just dial up someone elses PC, and have my AI play their AI. Multiple CMAIMC's where the AI's control small units on a multi-level battlefield. Could even have AI ladders. Course, then you'd have some AI's getting gamey, refusing to surrender and attempting to bore the other AI into a power down sleep mode... On second thought, I think I'll just play the thing myself. smile.gif

------------------

"Wer zuerst schiesst hat mehr von Leben"

Moto-(3./JG11 "Graf")

Bruno Weiss

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 10-30-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by coralsaw:

Am I the only one who would sometimes like to watch the AI play both sides? Would be like watching a film and a darn good learning experience for newbies.

It seems not too dificult to introduce an AI-hotseat battle, like other games. Come on BTS! In a future patch?

Or maybe in CM2 then? biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really don't care much about AI vs AI but I searched through the forum and the closest I came to why this wont happen in a patch is the link below.

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/004075.html

But if BTS changes the code (not a very easy thing to do and I know because I play a programmer in real life) it might get into CM2. But you need to ask BTS if it will get into CM2.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jarmo:

Combined with "full battle replay" this would be very cool.

Have the AI calculate everything first, and then watch the whole

battle in one go. Instant war movie. smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Watch it, hell! I'm gonna bet on it!

Think of the spread, the bookies... CM would be the ultimate horse-race. I'm taking this idea to Vegas!!!

------------------

I've got far more annoying things than that up my sleeve.

-Meeks

You must wear awfully loose shirts to fit an oompah band up your sleeve.

-Chrisl