Saced Preferences and Views in release version

Guest major_tom

Guest major_tom

This is an addition to some ideas suggested

earlier......

I would like to suggest that in the release version that the preferences of the player playing on the "hotseat" stay with that

player only.

Meaning that each player "gets the screen settings" back (the unit size , foliage on or off, path's Flags or whatever) the way he left

them when he handed the computer on the"hotseat" over to his opponent.

I would like to see the release version incorporate ideas like those mentioned above so that the foliage (tree) settings that both players would agree to (for the purpose of realism), could not be turned on or off, and

other settings like units sizes could not be made larger, and perhaps not even see the map or battlfield from any other perspective except control "1" which is the most realistic

field level perspective.

Perhaps also as the commander you would be able to look

at the top, control "7" or "8" map view, (like you would have access to a paper map in your jacket pocket) but that control 8 map would NOT show any units at all.(its just a terrain map)

In the release version perhaps a preferences

setting could be configured and LOCKED (no cheating) in a way that would not allow

for units to be sighted, spotted or viewed from any other perspective except

those set and agreed to, by the combatants for that scenario.

I like the idea that I could see the whole map board, but I could only "see" (spot) opposing units from the control "1" field level perspective. (Of course Air support or the lack off it might change this, if you have air

support and a good radio then maybe you could

spot units from the air like in the map view from control 7. Perhaps more realistically (time wise) thats a feature for CM 2!)

This is truly a great game. I have played the

demo scenarios over and over. I find that being the Germans in Chance Encounter and trying to take out all 5 Shermans and win that

one with one 3 Stugs to be the most challenging scenario. (it can be done)

I hope we will have much more control over how to set the preferences for the way we view the battlefield in the release version.

I hope the person(s) who is/are working on these details will have time to

read this and some time before it goes to the gold master to add some ability for the combatants to configure what they can "see" and how and from what perspective their specific customized scenario will

let them "see" (spot) the opposing units on the battlefield.

Hell if we all keep coming up with all these new idea's and suggestions they'll NEVER finsh the CM1 GM Version they are working on and release it, if this Idea (above) might for just a day delay the release of this great game then I should stop typing now and just

keep playing and enjoying the Demo scenarios.

Thanks for all the fun on the Demo,

-Tom W

Guest major_tom

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SS_PanzerLeader:

Quit yacking and send back the turn already smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry

THis is the junior major_tom

I imagine that you have addressed

that to "Major Tom"

I told him I would change my name

but have not created a new one yet.

Which scenario are you playing?

Which side are you?

-Tom W

Oooops sorry thought you were the other one man thats confusing -- We are playing riesberg he wanted to try germans to beat me after I posted my open challenge -

HE actually is doing quite well - I lost my sense of timing but Im not sure he can hold out.

Do you have ICQ? IF so I would like to play a match if you are up for it

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

HAHAHA! See how unnerved you are! "You can't even tell if it is me or not! Oh no! Where am I!? Have I gotten seline while gettn' my butt wupped by Major Tom?! Am I now seeing double!?! ARHYGHG!"

As my e-mail states, that file is swanked up somehow. Possibly due to too much vomit on your keyboard. Sorry about the late reply, but, it tried, very successfully, to crash my commputer.

major_tom (junior member)

I'm in favor of virtually all of your suggestions (selectable limited viewpoints, terrain only maps, etc.) but fear that they must wait for a upgrade to the forthcoming CM for implementation (Which smiley has tears streaming don its face).

Now I am in no way suggesting that this be added to the current build of the game but I have an idea that I want to throw out. (Hopefully it hasn't been covered on one of the days I missed). What do y'all think about an overlay of contour lines on the terrain. Personally I think it would make it easy to pick up the feel of the land when needed. No graphics engine is going to be able to approach real life in terms of being able to read the land, so why not give it a little help?

Again, this is NOT a demand. It's just an idea. smile.gif

Cheers,

maus

I decided not do be so lazy so I did a search. Question answered. Info is now logged into that decaying and fuzzy area of my brain, my memory. smile.gif

Cheers,

maus

PS. I still think it would be a interesting possible option for the future.....

[This message has been edited by Maus (edited 03-28-2000).]