Ran into trouble tonight with demo.

First around turn 14 or so I couldn't give orders to some of my tanks. I could select them but when I would try to give them an order it would ding as if they were a panicked or routed squad (not the case) oh, and there previously given move orders were not displayed with all the others (show all move paths was on) yet during playback they followed these unseen orders anyways.

Next turn I was able to access and give orders to all the problem tanks but one which would cause momentary game lockups when selected.

While frozen I hit the + key several times to try to get to something I could work with and although I could at first see no responce after a short pause game came unstuck having cycled to a different unit.

Once again I tried to access this tank with same locking up occurring.

While Locked up, it seemed as though nothing was working but when it would unfreeze whatever commands it had been given during that time were in fact being carried out.

I run an AMD k6 3 with a voodoo banshee 16 in it 128 ram, CM runs great generally.

This sounds like it might be a computer lock-up vs. game problem. Did it finally totally lock up where you couldn't do anything, or did you give up before that? I've had incidences in the past (not w/ CM) where stuff similar to what you described started happening, then the entire system finally just locked up. I'd say you really couldn't say this is a game related problem unless it becomes something that starts happening on a semi-consistent basis, and only happening when you are running CM. Also, as I said in a post last week to others that were having problems getting the game to run, don't have a bunch of other junk like web browsers, other applications, etc., running while you're running the game. This can often times lead to the types of problems you were describing. Not sure if this helps, but that's my 2 cents of advice. Happy hunting.

Mikester out.

A good way to problem solve things like this is to either save the turn, reboot, and load up the saved game if you are playing the AI, or simply quit the game, reboot and reload the PBEM file if playing PBEM.

If the problem is still there, its probably a game bug.

Lt. Bull

[This message has been edited by Lt Bull (edited 05-23-2000).]

First thing I did once able was to quit the scenario, shut down everything and reboot. When file was reloaded same problem, and it was only when I was trying to select a particular unit that I could tell.

I've had the same problem during a PBEM game. I'd try give a unit orders and it would make the old panicked/routed unit ping, even though it was in perfect shape. No orders allowed, not even targeting or checking LOS. I played the turn and was able to give orders to the unit next turn.

Thanks Robert smile.gif

Update on "glitching" file.

I recieved the return file (just video) and am still getting these mini-lockups when I try to select the one unit (tank). When I have that unit selected video goes in 6 to 7 second jumps from 02 to 09 to 16 to 22 etc until done.

I've read the problems others were having and this could very well be the same bug. But I dont believed anyone mentioned the "freezing". Perhaps this is something more?

I have the files saved if BTS would like them.