Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Will there be a vehicle expansion?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Oddball_E8:

cus id really like ta have one ya know! smile.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are all sitting out here just waiting with our credit cards ready...

How about this BTS?

Just let us Pre-Order the next BIG thing (expansion Vehicle pack) and see how many orders you get. If you don't get enough orders to make it worth your while, then just don't build the new vehicle expansion pack. (you know the minute you cancel the project everyone and their brother will send you their credit card number and pre-order)

I wonder if you could hire one new person full time for the expansion pack project, depending on the strength of your expansion pack pre-orders sales this may be something to consider.

I figure most of us here would really like the opportunity to "re-invest " in BTS by buying somthing (anything) inbetween our CM1 purchase and the long wait for the CM2 Eastern Front game.

Just trying to help. smile.gif

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

We are all sitting out here just waiting with our credit cards ready...

How about this BTS?

Just let us Pre-Order the next BIG thing (expansion Vehicle pack) and see how many orders you get. If you don't get enough orders to make it worth your while, then just don't build the new vehicle expansion pack. (you know the minute you cancel the project everyone and their brother will send you their credit card number and pre-order)

I wonder if you could hire one new person full time for the expansion pack project, depending on the strength of your expansion pack pre-orders sales this may be something to consider.

I figure most of us here would really like the opportunity to "re-invest " in BTS by buying somthing (anything) inbetween our CM1 purchase and the long wait for the CM2 Eastern Front game.

Just trying to help. smile.gif

-tom w<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't agree more!...just show me where to sign...

I dont know about the money part but it would be nice.

------------------

Fight for your right!To play CM!:)

Join Rob's CMMC today Email me at <A HREF="mailto:Robisme_ca@hotmail.com

">Robisme_ca@hotmail.com

</A> Rob

For more info on Rob;s CMMC go to Robs CMMC HQ

I'll pay for an expansion pack.

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

I donno, what vehicles would be expanded? For example, there have been some requests for Pz. IIIs, but only a handful of them were used in Western Europe.

If you expand your vehicles and things that can be user modified too much, you undermine CM II and beyond. Why pay for the next full version of CM when you can set up all the battles with vehicles from expansion packs and the map editor? There's a fine line between allowing user expansion and surrendering control of the game, and IMHO an expansion pack would be crossing it for BTS. For example, look at Myth II, an excellent strategy game. Bungie Software made creating custom units, maps, and levels very easy. As a result, they couldn't do a Myth III, becuase whatever they could add on could be done for free by mod makers. (Myth I, btw, kept mod makers from editing parts of the game, retaining control of the game long enough to release Myth II.)

------------------

Charon doesn't make change.

I would also like to see a vehicle expansion disk. Maybe BTS could include some support vehicles (Kettengrad) and maybe some whatif vehicles. Possible some vehicle variants (how about the Panther with IR night fighting equipment with enhanced spotting abilities).

Maybe some vehicles and infantry from "other nations"..read Russian... just to wet our appetities for the future.

Something I wouldn't mind seeing is more terrain tiles for the editor maybe even the ability to add "what if" terrain tiles that we could design outselves. Maybe some damaged but not buring buildings. Maybe some non-stone/wood bridges.. read steel here.

I would love to have a selection of terrain tiles that have damaged vehicles or even terrain soldiers. This would allow starting battles on terrain that has already had a major fight.

I would also like to have the ability to link existing maps in the terrain editor. This would allow taking the SL and ASL maps that are out there and link them to recreate those battles.

BTW, I would pay for all this

MikeT

Yes, there will be a new vehicle expansion pack. It will contain the following:

T-34s

KVs

PzIIs

PzIIIs

etc.....

It will be called CM2:The Ost Front.

Look for it in about 12 months from this past July. Or maybe later if you guys continue to bug BTS about this stupid freakin' idea! mad.gif

The fact is that the ORIGINAL vehicle list WAS bigger than what we've got now and the reasons why vehicles were deleted is because their functions didn't support CM's scale. For example, they didn't put in the rocket firing halftracks because their minium effective firing range was just barely the distance across a LARGE map. A lot of thought and consideration went into the vehicle selection. Another example of a "cut" vehicle was the Brummbar--again for the same reason.

So I'm telling you guys, screamin' "Vehicle Expansion Pack" is really falling on deaf ears. As Madmatt continues to say about new "total conversion" mods, BTS is not interested at this time.

I've been around for almost a year now and have witnessed these discussions even before the Gold Demo came out back in May. So I know what I'm talking about.

Now if you're talking about some new terrain tiles, all you have to do is find the one that you want to change and do artwork on it. Like changing the 0 to 3 or 4 level grass tiles and making them sand to create desert scenarios or whatever.

Making new stuff like damaged buildings or "Arnhem-style" bridges requires a whole new 3D model. Again something that BTS is not gonna do for CM1. I know, I asked that question before the game came out and Steve answered me with the above explanation that the whole 3D model would have to be rebuilt. Same thing for partially demolished buildings--all new 3D model. BTS has said that they will look into all of this for CM2. They aren't going to patch in this stuff for CM1. Hell, I even asked about factory-style buildings, because after all the industrial Rhineland had many factories located within it. Again, I got the same answer: CM2

Let BTS get to work on CM2 and take CM1 for what it's worth.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 10-21-2000).]

Well all i was asking for was some common vehicles that just didnt make it in the first release.

like the M16 and the PzIII...

besides... who knows if CM2 is goning to be compatible with CM1... if it isnt its gonna ruin my day... I happen to like the western front more, but if there are more and better features (wich there will be) in CM2 i would loose interest in playin CM1 and probarbly wouldnt play CM2 since im a WF freak...

sorry for ranting on like that... just woke up...

------------------

Wof, wof, wof, wof... Thats my other dog imitation.