Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Saving battle recordings

I remember the response i had to my very first post on this board....ahhh..i was so innocent and naive. I was not so politely told to use the SEARCH function and use it to locate previous topics outlining what i was asking.

You obviously have many questions to ask, 99.9% of which have been asked (and answered)by a thousand people before you and i would suggest you follow the easiest path and use SEARCH.

btw - Welcome to our club Black Five.

[This message has been edited by Manx (edited 09-10-2000).]

Guest Michael emrys

Can't be done at the moment. You could try saving each turn right before you hit the Go button and save it under a different name each time so that the program creates a new file for each one. Then maybe some genius will come up with a way to link all those files together.

Michael

There is one way.

(Make that two, but unless you have an RGB-Firewire box and a DV Recorder way #2 is out).

Put a folder on your desktop called "film". Run the game. Take a screenshot at #3 setting each 5 seconds, then move in and get closeups and what have you. Throw all the graphs into the film folder. Hook the sound out on your computer to a tape deck of some sort and run each turn through to get audio.

Then get yourself a copy of IMovie. Import the sound, and the whole folder called film. Use the sound to cync back all the pictures you have. I would use 6 pictures each second and a duration for each picture of 2 or 5 frames (depending on where it is going). IMovie is great, but Final Cut is better, but that costs big bucks. Premiere works, but not as well. I teach this "rotoscope" method to students for animation, they usually pick it up quickly.

Actually, I just thought of an arcane way of doing it, with my Asus 6800 deluxe (possibly). Using the tv-out function, you could record to vcr, of course..but I suspect, you could loop the Tv-out to the Tv-in on the card (or tv-out to capture card for ppl who use one of those) and then record the input using your favourite capture program. Assuming this works, you could extend this further, recording a round over and over, and then splicing various viewpoints together. After that, just redo all this for each turn, and then merge everything into one big movie.

It'd be a fair bit of work, for what purpose, I don't really know, so I'm not going to try it anytime soon, but is should work.

Patrik