Mortars in the woods

OK, it is known that the trajectory of on board mortars is not modeled. So you can hide your 81mm mortar team directly behind a 2 story building and hit a target directly behind another 2 story building >100m away. Fine, this is an abstraction I can live with.

What I want to know is, since trajectories are not modeled, does it matter if I fire my 81mm mortar from within trees? Will I set off an airburst directly above me? I've been assuming that I must be in open ground to fire my mortars but I'm in a heavily wooded battle right now and my mortars are useless in some areas of the map unless they can fire from within the trees.

(yes, I did a search and Lewis (:USERNAME smile.gif alluded to setting off an airburst above your mortar team, but did not say that it would).

------------------

Jeff Abbott

Guest kking199

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juardis:

What I want to know is, since trajectories are not modeled, does it matter if I fire my 81mm mortar from within trees? Will I set off an airburst directly above me? I've been assuming that I must be in open ground to fire my mortars but I'm in a heavily wooded battle right now and my mortars are useless in some areas of the map unless they can fire from within the trees.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was also under the same impression but then had the same thought Jeff did that I should be able to find room to fire in the woods. I just fired from some woods and took out a HT, so far it is working for me.

I fire from the woods all the time not a problem yet!

------------------

"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handey

Jeff, I'm not sure that device was available in world war two but I can remember hearing somewhere that accidental treebursts on launch aren't modeled.