Too much info?

Your thoughts please,

QB PBEM, I am the Germans. Several turns into the game I make a positive ID on a Stuart that appears about 30 meters away from one of my units. It's not moving nor firing. Instead it justs sits inside a clump of scattered trees. I click on it and am told the crew is *crack*.

Too much info? Just right? What do you think?

Just curious.

------------------

Charlie don't surf!

Full FOW.

I could understand it if the Stuart manuevered or fired. At least one could get a better *feel* for an opponent's experience by watching how he performs in battle. But like I said earlier, this guy just appeared out of nowhere, motionless, and immiediatley I knew how good he was.

------------------

Charlie don't surf!

Guest Big Time Software

I agree, you shouldn't have that information yet. Right now Combat Mission is not sophisticated enough to make an educated guess as to the validity of informing the other player about the unit's skill level. This is something we intend on improving in later versions, but not likely in a patch.

Thanks,

Steve

Guest Napoleon1944

Just go into the bitmaps and black out all of the morale levels. They will be unknown to you and also your own morale will be unknown. Great FOW.

Other examples of Too Much Info:

1. "Infantry?" contacts are sometimes reported as "Eliminated" and sometimes as "Knocked out", which tells me it's a mortar. Why am i allowed to see that, when the team has not been identified yet?

2. In a QB night attack, one of my jeeps was suddenly fired on by an enemy squad. When it drove away, the squad started firing friendly fire on a contact I hadn't spotted. How did I know that? The jeep was trying to get away as fast as possible, and I had nothing else there.

3. Why can you see the area target lines of enemy units? I have also seen this from mortars that are still called "Infantry?", again allowing me to identify them.

One example of Not Enough Info:

Why can't I get kill info for minefields?

I concur with Kingfish, since he's describing my tank. I'd like to add that my troops apparently have X-ray vision, being able to detect daisy chain mines from 190m out when the mines are located in grass.

We're not talking about these things being out in plain sight on the shaved-almost-to-turf golf course, but in grass which must easily be 30cm high. A Hawkins (sp?) mine can't be much more than 3 cm high, hence should be invisible until you're on top of it. I'm attacking uphill, which should make sighting even more problematic.

Granted, it's always nice to know where the foe has placed mines, but I prefer to win via superior technique, not intel I have no business getting.

I've noticed this before, though last time it was on a road which was out of LOS to my units.

I think something's off with daisy chain mine implementation. Has anyone else noticed a problem in this area?

Regards,

John Kettler

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

MMmm, maybe you need to dig a hole in the road to put the mines in........but then thats another story altogether eh lads!!

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918