ok you asked for a zimmerit paste panther.....

Don't laugh it's my first try tongue.gif

UPDATE: ok this is a revised one with zimmerit, only on the vertical surfaces, including the front sloped hull.

zimmeritpanther2.jpg

I don't think they put this paste on the barrel of the gun (it would come off when fired?) and the book on Tiger tanks I have never shows one with the paste on the barrel so I don't know.

You were right Mace, I got the upper hull bmp backwards tongue.gif . It's fixed now. That was a special...stealth panther....yeah that's the ticket.... smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 07-31-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 08-01-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiger:

I don't think they put this paste on the barrel of the gun (it would come off when fired?) and the book on Tiger tanks I have never shows one with the paste on the barrel so I don't know.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your right, they never put zimmerit on the barrel.

errr, btw, I think you've got the upper skin on back the wrong way, 'cause the engine deck details are showing up on the upper hull glacis!

None the less....better than I could do! smile.gif

Mace

Pillar, zimmerit paste was a saw-dust based paste that was applied to german panzers to help stop magnetic mines from sticking to the tank. It had a distinctive corrugated pattern, and fell into disuse as the war progressed for the simple reason that the allies didn't use magnetic mines that much.

-Tiger

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pillar:

Sawdust stops magnetic fields?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

distance does. The sawdust keeps the magnet from getting close enough to stick. Try it on the fridge at home with sheets of paper and magnets.

Guest TURBO

Tiger

IIRC zimmert was a cement coating, also i belive it was only applied to the vertical slopes but could be wrong. I think you have the right ideas on the textures looks good.

No hes talking about the magnetic mines that cling to the metal surface of a tank,,, set by a timer they allow the person who sets the mine time enough to get away without having his own ass blown sky high...

------------------

Quote.

If you see a white plane it's American, if you see a black plane it's the RAF. If you see no planes at all it's the Luftwaffe." ---German soldier on the Western Front, 1944.

Tiger... Damn.. you work fast smile.gif

Looks great.. though i dont think any went on the top surfaces (ie along the engine intakes etc.... other than that... Im impressed... Maybe you can start getting into like hasty paint jobs which became common near the end of the war.. those would actually be easier cause they were simpler and quickly done... Ill just sit here and give the assignments while you do the work.. biggrin.gif

Zaff'

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TURBO:

Tiger

IIRC zimmert was a cement coating, also i belive it was only applied to the vertical slopes but could be wrong. I think you have the right ideas on the textures looks good.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

More I think about it....you're right!

The Germans didn't put zimmerit on horizontal plates, just on the hull & turret sides, rear and front.

Mace