If You Think Waiting for CM is Hard.....

Guest Seimerst

Guest Seimerst

I, like everyone here, look forward to that blessed day when our copy of CM arrives. We have all read what the stress of waiting causes some of our members and junior members to post.

But if you think this community is impatient, go over the any of the Diablo II forums (www.diabloii.net I think)and read how crazy some of them are. We are a pretty sedate and respectable bunch of fans-- most of the time anyway.

Now, how many of you have preordered Diablo2 and are really stressed out? <grin>

Guest MantaRay

I agree. Those folks over there are down right pissed. And I can't wait for it either, but I think the reason that we are much more sedate is the fact that we have a release date. Blizzard is about the only "Big" company that releases games that are not buggy. Hey, they started out with about the same mission as BTS. I hope BTS will soon have the same accolades thrown on them as Blizzard did.

Ray

------------------

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Hear, hear. I think the major problem in the Diablo II community is that Blizzard doesn't give periodic updates on development of the game. That is something I've touched on myself on the battle.net discussion. wink.gif

Funny thing is, by the time the game finally does come out, is the interest still going to be there as it is still the ol' isometric view game. Granted this new build is using 3D effects, but you know what I mean. smile.gif But this game was supposed to be out before Christmas, so the style of the game may not be as appealing now as it was 6 months ago. I guess we'll just have to see when and if it ever comes out.

I'm still talking about Diablo II, if any of you have gotten lost. wink.gif

------------------

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side.

Fear leads to anger.

Anger leads to hate.

Hate leads to suffering."

--Jedi Master Yoda

Guest Big Time Software

Yeah, and Blizzard had the same problem with Diablo I and Starcraft too smile.gif Especially Starcraft!

I think OB&G has got it right. The main reason people are pissed is that Blizzard doesn't really dig down into their bag of bones and toss a few back at their crowd every so often. I know Starcraft was a major Black Hole for well over a year. My opinion on that is they had to totally scrap what they were doing and started again because they found out they really had WCII in space with the first attempt.

Also, that crowd is a LOT larger than ours, therefore the % of upset people might be the same as we have here, but the numbers would be much greater. And bitching seems to lead to more bitching smile.gif

I don't envy the Blizzard folks one bit! Well, except for the royalty paychecks going to the development team biggrin.gif

Steve

Excuse me, Diablo II fans... but I can't quite find it an interesting game at all. Diablo 1 was a hit, and I still don't understand how a "Click here to move/click there to kill people" game had such a success... Of course, Diablo II graphics are pretty good, but I don't find it deep enough to be a RPG, nor fast enough to be an action game. So what's the good stuff about it anyway?

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

I believe it is the quests, skill trees, and just the fantasy draw overall that makes the Diablo series fun. I haven't played Diablo I in several years, but I remember it being quite a joy just getting through the thing. smile.gif

Diablo II has incorporated a much more unique character development skill tree that allows the characters to specialize in a certain weapon or spell type. So by far, it is a more RPG than the first one.

ALTHOUGH after finding CM, I have rarely, and I mean RARELY, gone over to the discussion groups on Battle.net.

------------------

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side.

Fear leads to anger.

Anger leads to hate.

Hate leads to suffering."

--Jedi Master Yoda

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Reverend Mr.Black:

Excuse me, Diablo II fans... but I can't quite find it an interesting game at all. Diablo 1 was a hit, and I still don't understand how a "Click here to move/click there to kill people" game had such a success... Of course, Diablo II graphics are pretty good, but I don't find it deep enough to be a RPG, nor fast enough to be an action game. So what's the good stuff about it anyway?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because it's fun ... it's fun to just click and kill, to chop up thousands of dumb AI critters and see their virtual guts splatter all accross your screen.

Sometimes you just have to let your braincells rest and give in to your flashbangy side ...

MK

SS Pl told me bout this game

It is a new D&D computer game called Neverwinter Nights. It is supposed to be ALOT like the traditional pen and paper game.

From what I understand, there will be a site to join in on games where actual people will be DMing a game. The DM will be able to take over control of NPC's at anytime. Also, it is going to follow the new D&D 3rd edition rules very closely.Over 200 spells, all races and classes. The whole deal.

Here is a site for it that contains alot of info and a trailer.

http://www.rpgplanet.com/planetnw/content/downloads.shtml

Check it out, its worth a look. Might just get me to dust off the old Players Handbook.

If you are looking forward to NWN then Baldur's gate 2 and Pools of Radiance II should also be your cup of tea.

Remember the orginal Pools of radiance from the Amiga? Those were the days smile.gif

Follow this link t gamepsot to wet your apetite:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/baldurs2_pre/index.html

Grtz S Bakker

------------------

Visit my CM site!

The bunker: http://bunker.panzershark.com

Another proud member of the Panzershark webring. :)

One of the things that looks good about NWN is the ability to create your own adventure. It is going to have a editor so-to-speak where you can incorporate your own storyline and put in what you want. What also attracts me is that it will be alot more problem solving through teamwork. Unlike Baulders Gate, which I have and do not care for, it is not just a map where events wait till you enter their sector.

Look at the interaction between the players in the newest screenshots. That is what has been missing in other games of these types IMO. I just hope it is as good as it seems.

Now if I could just incorporate my 18th level mage into CM.

'as your last troops are surrounded and face almost certain death, Sgt. Soltan starts to speak in a strange language and what appears to be a red radiance starts to grow around the advancing German troops........