Nuts ... we're all Nuts

I mean have you noticed what we're doing here? We are checking each and every step along the way that we can verify in order to get some idea of when we're getting the game. First we bug BTS about the Gold Demo, leading to the infamous "Night of the Refreshing Monkeys", then we bug them about the game going gold, then about getting the discs back, then about the manuals getting back, then about charging the cards. After that, of course, there's nothing more we can really verify so we just have to wait for it to hit the door.

I'm a 50 year old professional, father and grand father, you'd think I'd be beyond that childish behavior ...

MY CARD GOT CHARGED, I VERIFIED IT, ALL RIGHTTTTTT! smile.gif

Stupid game.

Joe

------------------

"I don't want them brave, I want them dead!"

Thomas J. (Stonewall) Jackson

Same here buddy, I 49 and can't wait to get the game. I have cleaned up my hard drive, defragged it twice and it's ready to receive the game. Also downloaded the new scen. and operations, check all the other sites related to CM and then I begin all over again right here.

sniperscope

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

I mean have you noticed what we're doing here?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldn't disagree more. While there might be a certain reason for assuming we are all nuts, the erudite and enlightening discussions about such little-known aspects of WW II as the Schwereinfanteriesturmspüle, SdKfz 988 Ausf.Z(44r) H, the philosophical discussions about smiley abuse, and the discovery of the Nike sponsored HMG team lead me to believe that we are indeed earnest fellows, out to deepen our knowledge of a subject dear to our hearts. Also, this forum has given us unique pleasure in providing a place for the arts in the form of Combaikus, unlimited spewing forth of unsupported conjectures (may I humbly submit myself as an example of that particular trait), and all other sorts of twiddlydiddly jolly old fun things that a couple of humpiddydumpiddy folks like us just like to engage in.

So there.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

Andreas, all right that's it. I've ignored pointed jabs, sarcastic asides and outright slams on this forum but now you've gone too far. I have never once engaged in "twiddlydiddly jolly old fun" or "humpiddydumpiddy" in my life ... oh sure there was that girl in Des Moines but I was drunk and she came on to me and besides the photos were clearly faked. I demand an apology or I will be forced to ask for satisfaction on the field of honor ... double blind, random scenario, the usual.

Joe

------------------

I am distressed that some of us have given into such cravings and desires. As a 49 yr old professional (we can make this the "mature" thread) and zen buddhist I of course after years of meditative training and practice have transcended the more mundane and earthy pulls of this troubled world.

BUT: as a wise old master once said MY CARD GOT CHARGED, I VERIFIED IT, ALL RIGHTTTTTT! and so did mine!!!!!! awww the hell with it I want (crave and desire) it now!!

Yours in tranquility (at least until you run into my ambush!)

jd

(since the level of irony here is sufficent, no smilies were abused in deferce to MrPeng)

[This message has been edited by jdmorse (edited 06-14-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

Andreas, all right that's it. [...] I demand an apology or I will be forced to ask for satisfaction on the field of honor ... double blind, random scenario, the usual.

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahh, a challenge, exxxccceeelllleennttt - #29, you as the Allies. BTW, no apologies to you, and your mother is a hamster and your father is a Frenchman... Or somewhere along those lines, never get my Python quotes quite right. As long as you don't mention the war...

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jdmorse:

I am distressed that some of us have given into such cravings and desires. As a 49 yr old professional (we can make this the "mature" thread) and zen buddhist I of course after years of meditative training and practice have transcended the more mundane and earthy pulls of this troubled world.

BUT: as a wise old master once said MY CARD GOT CHARGED, I VERIFIED IT, ALL RIGHTTTTTT! and so did mine!!!!!! awww the hell with it I want (crave and desire) it now!!

Yours in tranquility (at least until you run into my ambush!)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If a Zen buddhist sets an ambush in a forest and no one walks into it, does it make a sound?

Hmm, perhaps we need to start a CM koan thread.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>...#29, you as the Allies. BTW, no apologies to you,...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fine, I'll have my second call on you ... oh damn, I forgot I don't have any friends ... okay never mind, #29 it is and "may God have mercy on his soul for I shall have none." Was that Joe Hooker or McLellan?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>If a Zen buddhist sets an ambush in a forest and no one walks into it, does it make a sound?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Depends, did the ambush get triggered by someone clapping with one hand? Did a tree fall when the 'faust round hit it? You've got to be more specific, this is a detailed game.

Joe

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>the field of honor<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey that sounds like a good title there.

CM2 Field of honor, Russian Front.

[This message has been edited by iggi (edited 06-14-2000).]

Joe,

I believe that quote was from Fighting Joe Hooker, just before the debacle at Chancelorsville (which wasn't a total loss for the North as Jackson was killed by his own troops at that battle.)

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DrD:

Joe,

I believe that quote was from Fighting Joe Hooker, just before the debacle at Chancelorsville (which wasn't a total loss for the North as Jackson was killed by his own troops at that battle.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehehehe - that PBEM should be veeerrryyy enjoyable if Joe's heroes are the losers of the Union army... Wuharharhar...

Andreas, off to take his medication

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hehehehe - that PBEM should be veeerrryyy enjoyable if Joe's heroes are the losers of the Union army... Wuharharhar...

Andreas, off to take his medication<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This PBEM should be veeerrryyy enjoyable if Andreas is on medication. "HEY, How come I can't give a Fire order to that pink Elefant?"

Furthermore, my Confederate ancestors would roll over in their graves if they thought my heros were Union. I prefer to think of myself as John Bell Hood, put your head down and charge. smile.gif

Joe

Smilies inserted for the specific and acknowledged purpose of pissing off Peng. smile.gif

Guest Germanboy

Furthermore, my Confederate ancestors would roll over in their graves [...] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were the ones who lost, right?

All smilies on this iBook were KIA charging the light brigade.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>They were the ones who lost, right?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, but they lost WELL. I'm doing my best to maintain the tradition BTW.

Speaking of BTW, BTW. Intelligence has confirmed from your homepage that neither this forum nor indeed ANY Combat Mission link appears on your list of favorite links. Yet by the evidence we can see that your presence here is virtually habitual. Explanations may include:

a) You're ashamed of us

B) We're ashamed of you

c) {This answer deliberately left blank}

d) You're not really who you say you are

e) Some of the above

I also see that you attended the University of Limerick ... know any good ones?

Joe

Guest Germanboy

Yes, but they lost WELL. I'm doing my best to maintain the tradition BTW.

Speaking of BTW, BTW. Intelligence has confirmed from your homepage that neither this forum nor indeed ANY Combat Mission link appears on your list of favorite links. Yet by the evidence we can see that your presence here is virtually habitual. Explanations may include:

a) You're ashamed of us

B) We're ashamed of you

c) {This answer deliberately left blank}

d) You're not really who you say you are

e) Some of the above

I also see that you attended the University of Limerick ... know any good ones?

Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joe, I know that was low, I just could not resist. Especially since Ethan stole a march on the Zen Buddhism - I had been thinking about one along those lines. You may challenge me a second time, and choose scenario and time for this lowly remark.

Regarding my website, I simply have not updated it in ages. There is another bit to it which you may be aware of, which should really contain the links:

www.geocities.com/a_biermann/opi/granddad.htm

As I said, I haven't updated it. It might also be that you are ashamed of me.

No Limericks I am afraid, the people in Limerick are (surprisingly?) not into them. Have a Combaiku instead:

Got challenged by Joe

rain pouring down on me now

doom will follow soon

Look forward to the PBEM.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Joe, I know that was low, I just could not resist.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh not a problem, I'm hardly sensitive about the subject smile.gif Damn, another smilie.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You may challenge me a second time, and choose scenario and time for this lowly remark.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, one number's about as good as another at this stage smile.gif Opps, sorry again.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Got challenged by Joe

rain pouring down on me now

doom will follow soon<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah yes, but for whom smile.gif Little bastards are everywhere. I'm looking forward to the match too. Should be fun.

Joe

------------------

Does it strike anybody funny that Andreas keeps challenging everybody and quoting which scenario and which side he wants. I think he's gonna have so many PBEM games going on that he won't know what he's doing from one game to the next. Then pile on top of that he'll probably be a little whoosy from some foreign substance. wink.gif

It should be easy pickin's. He's challenged me to Scenario #13, but what he didn't know was that the 13th is my birthday.

------------------

Finally........Maximus...has come back.....to the Forum!!!

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Maximus:

Does it strike anybody funny that Andreas keeps challenging everybody and quoting which scenario and which side he wants. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not quite, actually I get challenged by people who for some reason inexplicable to me are taking offense at the complete absense of wit from my posts. I have not challenged anybody yet. I know better than that. Don't worry, I can keep track of my scenarios, I did a first degree in accounting. And that you are #13 is not going to be any help to you.

Please note that all smilies on this iBook were fed to the dogs.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Not quite, actually I get challenged by people who for some reason inexplicable to me are taking offense at the complete absense of wit from my posts. I have not challenged anybody yet.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps they challenge you because of your total ignorance of military plumbing and kitchen design? Or perhaps they know that your forces will inevitably run like girley-men?

BTW, which operation are we playing? And we can probably flip a coin for sides, as I doubt you will get the game before I arrive in England.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

Perhaps they challenge you because of your total ignorance of military plumbing and kitchen design? Or perhaps they know that your forces will inevitably run like girley-men?

BTW, which operation are we playing? And we can probably flip a coin for sides, as I doubt you will get the game before I arrive in England.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah - they challenge me b/c they are so impressed with my knowledge of all aspects of the Volksgrossspüle Sdkfz 2931 Ausf.W (B/7r). Ever wondered why nobody challenges you? And my men only ran like girley-blouses because they though that is the way to behave in CE after observign your lads.

Don't think I have assigned ops numbers yet, so we could go at #1. Let's flip a coin in London. Hmmm, Dim Sum or however that is spelled... Do you know the Tententei place in Soho?

------------------

Andreas