MODS on the Macintosh??

How many people are making MODS on the Macintosh? I have the system to make MODS just don't have the software or know how. I know some people have created MODS on the Macintosh like Pritzl and his Allied Winter Vehicle Pack at CM HQ. I did download that MOD but thats the only one i have.

------------------

" When you succeed, give all the credit to others; when you fail, take all the blame." General Dwight D. Eisenhower

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Kestrl:

How many people are making MODS on the Macintosh?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't make them, but I use them a lot. So some advice: I have installed a lot of the Mods through the Modmaker. Magua's buildings are great, and Gunslinger's subdued landscape, Kump's trees, and Desertfox's wheat and hedges look really great, and are not making any problems. Tiger's Tiger I has pinkies, and one of Magua's winter HTs (M3A1) has a huge pink blob on it. Other than that, no problems. Got lots of others, too. Makes the game a lot more interesting.

I have an iMac DV SE (G3/400 256MB) and Gunslinger's mods slow it down a bit, but they are well worth it.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-17-2000).]

For the "pinkies there is an easy fix.... open the bmp in a graphics program. sample the color in the pink areas....note the readings and compare them to areas that do not show up, often you'll note the values are just a bit different. In graphics maker it should read 300, 100,100. Often the saturation value is like 97%, thus the "pinkies" occur. Just change the values to the correct setting, use the paintcan tool to re-apply for the appropriate area, save, close reload, viola, no more ugly pink

Guest Madmatt

The correct color for transparentcy on the RGB scale is Red=255 Green=0 Blue=255.

What often happens is that a mod will have either the Red or Blue value at 254 and while on the PC it still appears transparent on a Mac it does not.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission and home of the CMMC

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

I should put that fix in the readme for MCM3...

we had thought about fixing them and reposting on CMHQ, but there are a lot of mods and it isnt always worth it, especially since it's an easy fix.

as for creating your own, I'm working on my first one, and helped another bud with his ambush hetzer, recently posted at CMHQ.....

Photoshop is the preferred tool, but pretty much any program that allows you to clean up and work on pictures, existing textures, or draw your own, will work.

I use PS, Graphic Converter, and some scanning software at times

(though I havent produced jack yet. Gotta see if I have the talent... smile.gif )

It's a lot of work though. That hetzer took 8 weeks or more, and hopefully the next one will be a bit faster, as we know more now...

as for installing them, obviously I prefer to use MCM3. smile.gif

hope that helped... oh, if you want to make your own textures, use MCM3 to copy out the existing textures from the data folder (the resource files) - they are a good place to start, at least to fool around and see what you an do. (My first "mod" if you will, consisted of placing a huge "TEST" on the top of the StugIII, just to make sure that I understood how the darn resource file and picts worked. smile.gif )

later!

dave

------------------

History is made at night

Kestrl , all i can say is go ahead and have a go at making mods.....i really gives an extra kick to CM knowing that you can "Add" something to the game that is your own. Dont be afraid to try out things with any paint program that you get and as soon as you do something that you are happy with SAVE it and make a copy....then work on the copy.

As Aikidorat was saying it took me 8+weeks to do that ambush Hetzer...mainly because i was finding my way around PS....then waiting for screen shots( wink wink Dave ) to show up as my Imac at the time was giving me trouble. By the time i had finished the mod i had 900MB of files belonging to it......scary part is i spent over 20 hours making new wheels ( idler and sprocket ) and i did not use them ......

So go ahead and give it a go. You never know till you try.

Oh btw Aikidorat...get back to the furnace slave....its my turn to be the master now biggrin.gif

Måkjager