Combat Mission Ladder: Is it working properly?

Guest grunto

Guest grunto

Hi,

The Combat Mission Ladder doesn't appear to have ever been fixed. I (Grunto) went from 'near-first to near-last.'

Neither was/is accurate.

Now I've got -79 points. I don't think I've been losing that many games by that wide a margin.

It just seems odd that in my first reported battle - a win - it gave me about 6 points (to 1006). After that it went haywire and had me over 1500 at one point, now at -79.

So does anyone know here if the ladder point swings battle-to-battle are often much greater than that evidenced by my first reported one (from 1000 to 1006)?

That would seem to be the only explanation other than that the ladder is fubar.

Andy

I was just going to asked the same question. I was looking at the top 10 on the ladder and there were some records like:

1-12, 0-1, 3-2 and 1-3.

Now if you look at the bottom 10-15 on the ladder you see records like 5-1, 6-2, 4-1, 2-0. Then you have positions 31 to 266 filled up by people who have not played a ladder game.

I emailed the caretaker with my questions/concerns (Bill Carey) and he never responded.

I have now went and started playing on the Rugged Defense Ladder because it works and the staff there is responsive. They will even help match opponents.

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

Hi Guys,

I registered for the CMHQ ladder and also the RD Ladder mentioned in the above 2 posts. I can say that the RD ladder is updated daily and works very well and efficiently. I have however sent several results to CMHQ but never received any confirmation or seen my status there changed or updated. In contrast i have regular communication with the guys who run the RD ladder - they are all polite and dedicated to running the ladder which has been most succesful.

I am a little disapointed at the CMHQ ladder but i don't wish to trash anyone, i guess that it just got screwed up somehow, its a shame for the guys who probably spent a great deal of time and effort to try and set it up.

One nice feature at RD ladder is that you can click on each players name and see which games he has played against each opponent and see each individual result - The CMHQ ladder only has games won or lost but no opponent details or scenario info.

Why not go over and take a look fellas.

New members always needed for wholesale slaughter!!!

See you there guys.

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918