AI purchases units

I was playing a lot of QBs (500-1200 points, combined arms) lately. Most of them were assaults on german positions by allies. I played the germans most of the time and was really surprised to see how inadequate forces the AI chose. It only chose infantry with moderate artillery support and LIGHT ARMOUR. I never encountered anything worse than a Stuart. The allies never stood a chance against my forces due to the fact that my paks/stugs/pzkfw took out the infantry´s armoured support within a few minutes. In one QB the AI chose 6 Bren carriers... No heavy armour... My grenadiers laughed and watched them catch fire one after another...

I think that the AI in QBs with less than 1000 points tends to `spread` his points for lighter armour, rather than buying two or even one strong unit. Since I always try to maintain proper anti-tank defences this is some BAD tactis for the AI.

Anyone encountered the same situation? Or is this just a ´play another twenty QBs and you will see those Shermans` ?

------------------

Klotzen, nicht kleckern!

Since I almost play QB with auto purchase since ver 1.05 comes out, I can say, "NO" but there are exceptions.

I generated many QB and most of the time Allied has at least 2 Shermans in them, and I choose aorund 1000-1500 points range.

Even if you choose Mechanized Allied, the AI sure picks at least 2 armor cars and 1 - 2 HT, nasty.

I suggest if you do not feel shooting tanks enough, try infantry defending against Allied Armor! biggrin.gif

Exception case: if you check this thread: http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/011785.html

CDIC seems to get only 4 elite jeeps without any heavies. tongue.gif

One point to note that AI is not good in Attack.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again frown.gif

[This message has been edited by GriffinCheng+ (edited 10-19-2000).]

Thx Sarge, but that wasn´t the point. I know that when I set the AI to armour I will surely get some tanks against me. But I still do not quite understand why an allied commander (the AI) of COMBINED ARMS would assault a german position without at least one decent tank, since most of the light armour is just too vulnerable to survive and therefore a waste of points.

To GriffinCheng:

Yes, probably it´s because the AI is not that good when attacking. When I am attacking allied positions it seems to me that the AI chooses its equipment better, including tanks.

------------------

Klotzen, nicht kleckern!

I mean I usually don't have problem in QB generated game, pretty balanced in most cases and the Ams do have some Shermans. But think yourself for a momemnt: what is the diff between Sherman and HT when you can kill them with your Panther and they can't harm you anyway? (kinda extragratted) biggrin.gif

I think you are kinda specially lucky when you don't get any Shermans in Combined Arms.

Griffin.

------------------

"+" is just the beginning. Expect to see "GriffinCheng76", "GriffinCheng(105)" or "GriffinChengA3E8" more should Forum problems occur again :(

To Olle Petersson:

Well, I just like picking my own troops and for most of the time I am far more satisfied with my purchase than with the AI´s.

But the problem (question) was more that the AI purchased too many "weak" units rather than one strong one.

------------------

Klotzen, nicht kleckern!