Sales support!

I ordered on July 3rd or so from California and have now been waiting over 3 weeks. I don't mind the wait and wouldn't be saying anything, but I have seen many posts from others who ordered after me and have already received their copies. This seems to indicate something amiss.

I tried contacting sales@battlefront.com a week ago and have had NO RESPONSE. I know they are a small company, but in some senses that makes customer support even more important. I can handle not having 24 hour tech support, but someone sohuld return emails within 3-4 days. I have a charge on my credit card and nothing to show for it and no one to question about it.

I'm not venting or angry and this isn't a flame, just hoping to get a response from sales (you never know, maybe my email never made it...stranger things have happened!).

Great game and good developer support, don't let us down with the sales support!

Thanks for all the hard work!

Onnel

(Aaron Liebling)

P.S. Giving shipping tracking infos to buyers would be AWESOME! Nothing like letting customers track their own shipments to save your busy sales guy time!

[This message has been edited by Onnel (edited 07-25-2000).]

My friend we all know the feeling of wanting the game on this forum. Some of the BTS brass is/are on vacation. Send them an email regarding your order. For the most part they do not anwser these types of requests here. Rest assured they will respond to you.

sniperscope

I already emailed battlefront a week ago, that's the problem. Sales not responding to calls where money is involved for over a week is not acceptable, even for small two man operations. I'm sure battlefront are great guys, but when money is involved, you owe it to your customers to be prompt.

According to battlefront, my order (placed on the 7th) should have been shipped to California via USPS priority mail within two days. The USPS claims 2 days to California from the East coast for priority (and more realistically, we can say 4-5 days).

So my order (even factoring in pathetic service from thep ost office) should have been here almost two weeks ago. I have no tracking number and the email address for sales (which in the email confirmation I am told that I should feel free to use) does NOT respond. Should I cancel my credit card charge? Did someone swipe the package off my front porch? I have no way of knowing and battlefront is being less than helpful (no repsonse is certainly not helpful!).

Again, this is NOT a swipe at battlefront in any way and I'm not complaining about the shipping time. If battlefront had said "we'll ship it to you in 2 months", I could have been happy. What I am complaining about is being left in the dark as to the status of something I've already paid for and the company I bought it for being COMPLETELY non-responsive. This isn't acceptable, even for mom and pop (or Joe and Bill, or whatever) operations.

If I get an email from them saying "sorry, your order was lost...you'll get it in a month", that's fine. I just need some help figuring out the status...otherwise I have no way of knowing whether it's lost, never shipped, or what. This is especially true because others on the West Coast have ordered aFTER me and already received the product a week ago.

Best,

Onnel

You're just gonna have to relax here. I know that's not the answer you want, but the fact is BTS is really just TWO people. Steve and Charles and some times things fall through the cracks.

Hang in there, Steve will take care of you and you will get your game. If someone took it out of your mailbox they'll send you another even though that's not their fault.

Just gonna have to cut them some slack as the amount of order far outweighed what they had originally expected.

Hi guys,

I too had a question regarding my order, and I e-mailed Charles without any response...

It seems that Charles Moylan is?? enjoying his vacations.

Nevertheless, I sent them another e-mail yesterday and received the answer in the same day stating that my order was shipping.

I know that it's way too easy to get a little nervous when ordering something by the Net, but I have to say that these guys have yet smile.gif failed to let me down.

Best of luck for you....

Thanks for the useful replies (esp. Jard since he's in a similar situation).

Panzer, I don't want to stir up sentiment against Battlefront or make anyone hot under the collar, I just want to figure out what the order status is to make sure nothing is lost, etc...

As I mentioned in the original post, it's quite possible that my first email got lost or passed over. I will email again and see what happens.

Again, thnaks for the constructive replies and not flames!

Onnel

well i am looking forward to a good game. i ordered on saturday so i dont know when i will recieve the game. if it is better then cc4 then i think i will like the game alot. one feature this game needs is multiplayer on the zone, that would give the game alot more attention.

Mystery solved!

I got a very polite email from steve today that I had forgotten to include my street address when ordering. the game did a round trip to california and back. They are now reshipping to me (though I had to pay shipping again...I have no problem when the goof-up was mine).

Happy ending, hopefully here in a few days!

Onnel

panzer_2nd_ss: "As good as CC4" you are going to be very disappointed. The two games are like apple and oranges. You can put CC4 down and walk away. CM is going to stick to your hands....time will seem to stand still, hours will go by and not be noticed. Pissed off wife, less sleep. Course in tactics 101,new sounds,textures, scenarios, operations and a brand new patch with new goodies added. welcome to war game heaven.

sniperscope