Vickers in QB

During a previous PBEM QB my opponent mentioned that, had he been given a Vickers MG teams, he would have made mincemeat of my infantry counterattacks. Later we started another game with the same parameters but switching sides. I then noticed that I also didn't receive any Vickers in my OOB.

Now curious, I decided to run a little test to see how common Vickers MG teams were in randomly selected QBs. I started out at 700 pts, comb. arms, and allowed the computer to choose from the British, Canadian, and Polish armies (all regular infantry, no airborne). I then went to 800 pts and repeated, and continued until I got to 1500 pts.

Out of a total of 18 setups I received a Vickers team only once (Canadians - 900 pts). Now, perhaps I didn't run the test long enough to get an accurate reading, or I had a run of bad luck, but it does seem odd to get only one from 18 tries. Has anyone else noticed this, or do you believe is it just a fluke?

Also, twice during the test I came up with three Fireflys as my only AFV support!

Your thoughts.

------------------

Charlie don't surf!

Kingfish,

I have gotten the Vickers on several other occasions, but I have noticed that the force selection logic seems to have a perverse sixth sense of when not to issue those weapons to me, leaving me in my watching-Landser-Olympics mode from our last game, for example.

Since I now know you exist, send me a turn.

Regards,

John Kettler