PBEM problems

I (using Explorer 5) have attempted to email my set-up to my opponent (using Netscape). I use the standard procedure (save to PBEM folder, open email, attach to email, send) that has worked fine with another opponent. In this case, however, I am told that the set-up text is found only in the body of the email, NOT as as attachment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SuperTed

Arien and I had the same problem. We finally boiled it down to a goofy issue with replies to emails. We solved it by sending NEW messages with attachments each time. It didn't happen ALL the time, but after "X" number of replies the turn got embedded in the body of the email instead of being attached. Another solution is to zip all your turns and then attach that. However, you should still be able to get the data and use it by cutting the relevant text out of the body of the email and pasting it into a text editor. Cumbersome but it works.

Joe

I've run across this one before, this is what i do:

1)Highlight the entire file text starting from and including the header.

2)Right click and chose copy.

3)paste onto Windows notepad or equiv. text editor

4) save-as into the CM folder (best to rename file)

5)Start game and follow normal PBEM procedure

Works for me smile.gif

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SuperTed:

I (using Explorer 5) have attempted to email my set-up to my opponent (using Netscape). I use the standard procedure (save to PBEM folder, open email, attach to email, send) that has worked fine with another opponent. In this case, however, I am told that the set-up text is found only in the body of the email, NOT as as attachment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SuperTed

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi

I too have had this problem with the Gold demo

when sending files from Netscape (I was Sending from a Mac) the party receiveing them would indicate the file was embedded as test in the body of the e-mail.

One way to deal with this is to Zip the files.

Or compress them some how. or use two Microsoft (no they were NEVER monopolistic wink.gif ) e-mail products, Outlook Express seemed to work no problem but Netscape caused problems.

I was sending files Via Netscape Comunicator 4.7 on a Mac and they were always embedded in the body of the e-mail.

Savy computer users can cut and past the appropriate part of the text embedded in the body from the e-mail to a word-pad or simple text file and then save that file and then tell the game in to open that PBEM file.

hope that helps.

-tom w

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SuperTed

I had the same problem when i was starting my PBEM game with Freyland. After a few frustrating attempts he finally found a workaround by converting the PBEM text into a zip file and attaching it to his E-Mails. This is perhaps the easiest way to solve your problem.

Schugger