BTS are you modifying the graphics for the PC version?

It still seems to me, that the screenshots I see at TGN CM Hq, are all too dark and and overly saturated.

AFter comparing Mac and PC RGB values in Photoshop's platform preview option, the Mac is definitely lighter and less saturated than the PC. It seems you are making the game look right on a MAC, but this makes the GFX look too dark and rich on aPC frown.gif I hope the gold version will correct this

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my new Textures V2.0 photo Gallery and my music while your there! :P

Guest KwazyDog

To be honest I think it comes down to personal opinions CoolColj, along with different video cards and drivers (and *maybe* the utility used to take the piccies).

Anyways...... I guess all I can really say it that the lighting looks great on my system. smile.gif

KwazyDog is right to my knowledge. MadMatt is using a TNT2 Ultra video card on a PC to do the screen captures. The gamma values on the PC are different from those on the Mac (OS differences ?). A gamma utility should be able to adjust this (PhotoShop *USED* to come with one) and most of the high-end gaming cards either come with such a utility built-in to their driver or as a separate utility.

Hmmm... I doubt that answers any questions here... biggrin.gif

Hold on now.

As a Mac user, I prefer the game be released sooner rather than later, regardless of the effect on any PeeCee users. wink.gif

Don't you PC guys have a gamma correction in your "autobat.exec" or "sys.config" files? wink.gif

(Just kidding! eek.gif )

Steve C.

[This message has been edited by Howitzer (edited 02-22-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

Comes down to the card and gamma values set in the driver's preference. I have no idea what Matt is using. In fact, most of the new terrain textures were made on PCs, so if they look good for the artists it has nothing to do with us working on the Mac.

Steve