BIG TIME UPDATE! CMHQ-Annex New Section and Sneak Peak of Mad-Dog Mod Pack!!!Mod Pack

Guest Madmatt

You can say that again about a PC/Microsoft-Dominated world. I had a guy call me at Microsoft and say

"I need support for my Mac!"

I was like "Ummm, Which Microsoft product are you using?"

"My operating system"

"No, I mean what Microsoft product, like IE, or OE, Office ect!"

"No, just the OS!"

"I think your gonna have to talk to Apple about that"

"Oh, I do? Ok I'll do that thanks!"

Strangest call I've ever had. Maybe somebody forgot to tell me we bought Apple too?? smile.gif

-OUt

Phandaal

Will people with the Mod be able to play people without the Mod?????

Or to restate the question are the two versions compatible or incompatible with each other????

It would kinda suck for to different incompatiable versions of CM to be out.

Guest KwazyDog

Its certainally will, no problems there smile.gif Basically the game will play excatly the same, we are just offering some alternatives to the visuals and audios. Some of the vehicles will have a new paint job and some of the sounds will be different, but otherwise CM will be the CM you know wink.gif

Maximus You Wrote:

How many Mac commercials do you see on TV??

I have seen so many damn iMac commercials on TV I went out a bought one just for the sake of it!

If you had asked the same question with platforms reversed, I'd say i have not seen one PC commercial ever, except for the occaisonial Gateway banner on the odd website (i bought a Gateway to, just for the sake of it).

I know this is a totaly useless post, but I jsut have to say all the heresay about is telling me that Macs are beggining to be bigger than PCs.

G4a,

Applescripts can dig inside resource files? I didn't realize that, though I don't know that much about them. If they can, I would think that would be the easier way to go, just along as everything was converted correctly.

Honestly, it would probably be easier just to have one person convert their resource files via Applescript or whatever, then distribute a ResCompare (I think that's the name of the program) 'patch' for the CM resource files.

Guest Madmatt

The Mad-Dog Mad Packs will all ship with readme's that will list exactly what textures are included (and there file names) so you can pick and choose what to install.

PERHAPS in the future we can include a more elaborate installer that lets you pick and choose but for now you will need to do that manualy.

Perhaps we should start 'CHARGING' for these mods? wink.gif

Madmatt...

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 06-06-2000).]

Madmatt, that 20Mb file is pretty large for those of us with 33.6 modems. eek.gif Is there any possibility of splitting the file into more manageable 10Mb files? Maybe one for sound and one for graphics? Thanks!

------------------

Formerly known as not THE Charles from BTS

[This message has been edited by Pfalz XII (edited 06-06-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pfalz XII:

Madmatt, that 20Mb file is pretty large for those of us with 33.6 modems. eek.gif Is there any possibility of splitting the file into more manageable 10Mb files? Maybe one for sound and one for graphics? Thanks!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Possibly! Really all these suggestions and questions will be dealt with when the time is right and much of it has already been discussed internally within the team (Steve and Charles aren't the only ones with a 'LIST'! biggrin.gif). But I can either answer questions or work on the Mod! wink.gif

Madmatt...

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Matt, could you not put each texture set into their own folders within the zip? You know like have a folder named 'JgPanther', one named 'grass' and so forth?

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

Will you soon be posting some added examples of the mod pack graphics, Madmatt? I think you've got one posted already (the German vehicle under the bridge?), but I ponder as to what textures could be a challenge to my present 16Meg video card (nVidia TNT).

[This message has been edited by Spook (edited 06-06-2000).]

Guest Madmatt

AGHHH!!!! STOP ASKING ME QUESTIONS!!!!

Yes, more samples are to come...

No, I am probably NOT going to devide them up, but I may....I just want to get them DONE at this point! Now scram! Get away kid your bothering me! wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex