Double teamed to my doom

As if I'm not busy enough with the wife, kids, and job. I was already anticipating a substantial blow to my relationships and productivity from CM's arrival. Now, Blizzard has the termerity to announce that Diablo II has gone gold, as well. Great, it should arrive the same week as CM. I'll just be in the corner, mumbling to myself and trying to decide between a Pershing and a Bountiful Staff of the Apocalypse. Argh.

Guest MantaRay

Ya, I as well will not know which one to play more of. I think BattleNet will draw me in like a sheep, but this is shaping up to be one of the best years to be a gamer. Now I just need a game that gives you 35 hours in a day. smile.gif

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

i found the sollution... as i have 2 (infacht 3, but doesnt matter) computers in my lan, all running over a proxy, i will play Diablo on one and CM on the other pc...

biggrin.gif

this is called mental multitasking ... wink.gif

------------------

TargetDrone

who has a heart for smilies

and will defend their rights ....

even if the cost is bloody....

Can someone tell me what is so good about Diablo?

I have never played it.

Why do you guys like it?

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TargetDrone:

i found the sollution... as i have 2 (infacht 3, but doesnt matter) computers in my lan, all running over a proxy, i will play Diablo on one and CM on the other pc...

biggrin.gif

this is called mental multitasking ... wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

did i mention anywhere i want to play it for more than a couple of days?

its simply that im interested if the grafic will be as stunning as it is announced.... wink.gif

well. when talking of a game that really will fight with CM for my attention that it will probably be black&white...

until then, there isn't much of a threat to cm (other than me sporadically playing UO and TA) biggrin.gif

------------------

TargetDrone

who has a heart for smilies

and will defend their rights ....

even if the cost is bloody....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

Can someone tell me what is so good about Diablo? I have never played it. Why do you guys like it?

-tom w

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

An interesting question for any game. Personally, I like Diablo because it is a coop version of Rogue with updated graphics. I find something compelling about the gameplay in these kinds of games (Rogue, Hack, Diablo, etc.), probably because it is a relatively simple pursuit of power. You keep finding yourself playing "just until I level up" or "I find a better sword." Hundreds and thousands of little victories keep you playing. It was good enough to hook me with ASCII symbols in my Rogue days, and the graphics make it that much more fun. Blizzard balanced the game well, so you were always a little afraid no matter how powerful you became.

The coop aspect is a driving force for me as well. I played through the first Diablo with my brother, him in Phoenix and me in Los Angeles. Another time, a friend died deep in a dungeon while playing solo in a public game. So, he called me, I dialed in, and went down to resurrect him. Nothing like a 30th level fighter for backup.

The original Diablo can be had for $15 or so, but cheating became rampant. Unless you can arrange a group of friends to play with, I'd recommend waiting for D2 and starting there.

[This message has been edited by Supertanker (edited 06-08-2000).]