TCP/IP wrong side of the world

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GriffinCheng+:

If you don't mind playing with ppl with 2 hrs late. Find me here or CMHQ Annex on Fri evening or Sat morning! See ya!

Griffin.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Griffin OK catch you friday night best wishes

goodwood

BTS Sorry I know this discussion should had been on the Opponent finder board

Hi.. I'm in Sydney and would be happy to have a game..either TCP/IP or PBEM.. can I suggest ICQ as a great way of finding opponents.. and swapping ip numbers, files..etc. You simply build your own CM contact list. There is also an ICQ active list which will tell you when other CM players are online (I haven't got around to joining it yet but will be soon).

Regards, Mick

ADD another Aussie user to the growing number of us "downunder" who want to play 'real' opponents.

I am in Adelaide (soon to be in Wagga) and can play PBEM, I am a little reluctant to use the 1.1 beta until it is no longer a beta!!!

Perhaps ppl out there can confirm the stability of it or otherwise?

Regards Peter

Capt (RAAMC)

Hey! Thanks for the heads-up!!! But where can I find this list? I normally don't use ICQ. wink.gif

Griffin.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 420:

Hi Griffin and Aussies,

An ICQ activelist has been set up, and you can usually find players on it in our timezone.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Hi guys, nice to see there are a few of us aussies playing this excellent game. I usually find opponents by going into the combat mission chatroom on mirc, or by using the combat mission active list on ICQ (no. 99760281). Only problem is that the active list is usually inactive when during the evening here in australia!

Maybe we should start an CM aussie active list or something? Anyone know how to go about this?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pbhawkins:

ADD another Aussie user to the growing number of us "downunder" who want to play 'real' opponents.

I am in Adelaide (soon to be in Wagga) and can play PBEM, I am a little reluctant to use the 1.1 beta until it is no longer a beta!!!

Perhaps ppl out there can confirm the stability of it or otherwise?

Regards Peter

Capt (RAAMC)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Peter I wouldn't be concerned with the stability of the 1.1 beta, I would install it, I personally haven't any problems with it.

Ron

[This message has been edited by goodwood (edited 12-12-2000).]

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Got the obligatory greeting out the way, now to business!

There are heaps of veteran Aussies on this board: Kwazydog, Stuka, Speedy, OGHP, Goanna, AussieSmith and yours truly. There are more and I'm sorry to say that I've forgotten who they are.

Kwazydog (when he's not busy, which is almost never) sometimes hangs out at CMHQ, as I do (normally Saturdays and Sundays).

There are times though that the chat server is barely used (during our evenings), so perhaps we should congregate there one evening?

Mace (PS, we're on the right side of the world) wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mace:

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Got the obligatory greeting out the way, now to business!

There are heaps of veteran Aussies on this board: Kwazydog, Stuka, Speedy, OGHP, Goanna, AussieSmith and yours truly. There are more and I'm sorry to say that I've forgotten who they are.

Kwazydog (when he's not busy, which is almost never) sometimes hangs out at CMHQ, as I do (normally Saturdays and Sundays).

There are times though that the chat server is barely used (during our evenings), so perhaps we should congregate there one evening?

Mace (PS, we're on the right side of the world) wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep you are right we are on the right side of the world just played a NZer and lost.

Ron

PS a chat on the CMHQ CHAT line is agood idea