Have an idea for you Mod-happy guys

Emos

I visited the George Patton museum over the Labor Day weekend and had the pleasure of checking out all the WWII armor exhibits there (it's a must see if you happen to be in Kentucky). The highlight of the museum IMO is the King Tiger that has one side cut out to show the interior.

Now for my idea....how about a Mod based on the color scheme of King Tiger 332? I took about eight pics of that beast. Some of them ARE somewhat low quality because of the lighting conditions (it was a rather dark museum) however I think I got all the neccesary details.

If any of you Mod making personnel (Tiger this means you smile.gif ) would be interested in giving it a shot just leave a post or send an e-mail and I'll e-mail the pics to you.

------------------

"You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"

--Dr. Strangelove--

Actually, I thought the highlight of the Patton Museum (Other than MG Rose's helmet full of 9mm holes) was the prototype US T28 Full Tracked Super Heavy Tank (actually an assualt gun) with a long 105mm cannon, massive armor and FOUR tracks (one inboard and one outboard on each side!) This monster was designed for piercing the vaunted Siegfried Line but the war ended before they were put into production and only two were built.

------------------

A66

1st MRB

This KT 332? I'd love to try it if you could send me some pics. I'd try it in hi-res too wink.gif

kt332.jpg

Not sure if this is the same one you took pictures of, as this photo is from the "late 1960s", and they recently (1991) repainted the king tiger at the patton museum.

This is from a recently released (2000) paperback all-colour book by Michael Green, Thomas Anderson (Neo!), and Frank Schulz.

It's called German Tanks of World War II in Color. I can not reccomend this book highly enough. It has oodles of pics of current German panzers, some restored, some rusting away frown.gif from all over the world, as well as a pic of a current panther in restored and running condition (excess drool over this one).

It was only $13.95 US.

-johnS

I have multiple pictures of both vehicles taken late last year. I live only about 2 hours from the Patton Museum by the way.

Madmatt

T-28..

Rune! Stop that, your slobbering on the keyboard again!

t28.jpg

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 09-12-2000).]

Guest Napoleon1944

That is an old photo from Aberdeen proving ground. They moved this Royal Tiger to Pattons museum to take beter care of it. I live near APG and its a shame to see these tanks just rusting away in the weather. The Tiger I they had was sent back to Germany to be restored.

It's worse. Apparently in the early 1950s, the US army in its infinite wisdom cut up and scrapped several german afvs in it's collection as part of the "Korean War scrap drive" frown.gif

They did this to a Panzer IV/70(v) and a Luchs (lynx) frown.giffrown.giffrown.gif

-johnS

ps~ here's the KT they moved to the Patton Museum (same one as above I suspect) being towed off to be painted.

ktoff2bpainted.jpg

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 09-12-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patboivin:

How could they let WW-II tanks rust.

It's a travesty!!

The least they could do is put them under a roof or something.

mad.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I work each day with a toothbrush on this one

tigerIIgle1.jpg

Can anyone do the mod...colours are accurate as restorer is collector and owner of the museum at La Gleize

------------------

http://users.pandora.be/aneric/index8.htm#Projects

T28....actually made it to Europe..but wasn't used....KD can do the 3d model...oh CHARLES...it followed me home....can i keep it? [drooooolllllllllllll]

Dang...there goes another keyboard....

Rune