.50 cal MG verses STuG

Guest GriffinCheng

Guest GriffinCheng

Hello,

I am in one PEBM where my US .5cal HMG trying to hit a STuG 36m out from the top floor and not a hit. My idea is: should I be expecting any damage on that STuG?

Griffin @ home.

Hmmm, from my knowledge

a StuG III is a turretless Pz III

and not your standard open top SP gun (like

a Priest or a Marder). So therefore,

the damage you should expect is that of a

machine gun hitting a tank. Btw, I think

the Stug III supposedly has better armour

than your PZ III especially if it has the

add on's that the germans had late in the war.

Expect little or no damage. Possible optics or maybe a slight chance of maingun damage but highly unlikely. Could damage the engine if a shot got into the intake or cooling (more likely on a Panther/Tiger with top openings) vents. Other areas of opportunity that a 50 might damage at close range would be the tracks and running gear. I would save the rounds for a HT or suppressing an MG.

Karl Mead

Griffin

I see you must be in a desperate situation in that game also.

I am slowly destroying griffin in Chance as amis (like pulling the legs off a defenseless bug). First I take away his arty FO, then I am slowly taking away the armor , next.....???

At least Griffin plays in a timely manner unlike some...

Lewis

Nope! You can't damage him at all!!! Keep trying though. HAHAHAHAHA!

Another similar question, can the Stug rip that flimsy building that the annoying 50mm MG is hiding in to smithereens???

Grif isn't desperate at all - in fact he's probably going to win the game handily so don't feel sorry for him. smile.gif

p.

Well maybe if you drown him in shell casings the Stug will stop, otherwise I'd get out my trusty bazooka. If your lacking those, a really big rock. In fact a big rock will stop almost anything.

------------------

The names Ash, Housewares

Guest GriffinCheng

Lewis, Peter, I feel flattered smile.gif

I don't mind losing, fwiw, I learn in the process. One can get easily bored again AI (Fionn, I know the AI in The Real Thing is gonna keep us very bz!), but since I am pretty new to PEBM (apart from SP1 2 or 3 years ago), I learn a lot -- check out the "PEBM Virgin" thread. Not only the matter of tactics (Lewis is demonstrating a very good example of how combined arms works) and I learn how to deal with the moral during "desperate" situation.

The wonderful and dangerous thing about CM is : I think a lot about my games during break time and my life is sucking up...and yes, I am thinking seriously about having a Win98 notebook just to play PEBM Anywhere-and-Anytime.

Oops, back to the topic. In CC2, my HMG is pretty effective against light skinned armoured vechicle like (Sdz-253). I suppose a .50cal HMG could do some harrazements on skinny-topped STuG III. Humm, may be I get mixed up with that .50cal sniper rifer.

Griffin @ work.

[This message has been edited by GriffinCheng (edited 03-12-2000).]

Griffin -

Definitely save the ammo for a halftrack. I was in a similar situation against Major Tom just recently and thought I was screwed only to find out that infantry can, in fact, if pressed, knock out a StuG with grenades. Mine did it to his StuG, but the blast killed two of them as well.

They were a bunch of big girls blouses after that and I couldn't get them to do the tiger in a similar fashion.

Goannas at work

Guest GriffinCheng

William,

I tried that on PeterK's last STuG but no show. My men does not do a damn thing, just stand there and they were just <10m away!

I would recommend PeterK should give the STuG team a big medal or "buy them half a bottle of beer" (from Das Boot) He answered my question by flattening the building by his STuG whilst wiping out the .50cal HMG team in the process.

Griffin @ work and Griffin in the process in ordering a notebook

Guest GriffinCheng

Lewis,

I don't want to repeat but in CE, German STuGs somehow are no match to US Shermans. I am a little "serious" about playing PEBM for I am dull against the beta AI. Well, if I were to give up, I would throw my hands up in the air and let you know. biggrin.gif

Grififn @ work

[This message has been edited by GriffinCheng (edited 03-13-2000).]

Griff -

Then how about a little boredom? I will take the Germans in CE against you if you want so you can test your theory about them being worthless against the M4's.

I must have tried to get infantry to attack a tank for days using the hotseat function against myself, but it took some guys just trying to stay put in a building to finally get it to go spontaneously.

Or maybe they were just waiting for a canuck opponent?

------------------

Men make wars. Boys fight them.

Guest GriffinCheng

William, thank you very much for your invitation. I am still new again human players in CM. Unfortuately I have already engaged in 3 PEBM concurrently. I think I should finish them first, since I sometimes get confused with different games. I will give you a first pirority after them somehow I don't think they may end within one month. Well, may be I should surrender to Lewis (Username) first! biggrin.gif

Griffin @ work

> I don't want to repeat but in CE, German

> STuGs somehow are no match to US Shermans.

Hi Griff,

Don't expose them too much and they can kick butt. I had a Stug wipe out 2 Shermans with 2 shots in CE and I don't even think the US player knew where they came from.

p.

Griffin

I think the scenario will be better balanced once the faustniks get cracking. It would be better if the germans had at least one JGPnzer IV or a hetzer to stand toe to toe with the shermans.

I am getting rolled over by Sosobaski as the germans.

Lewis