OT-Spielberg's 'Band of Brothers'

MikeO

Band2.jpg

This photo appeared in a Brit newspaper a few weeks ago. Its a film-set built in Hatfield, Hertfordshire for 'Band of Brothers'. Scenario designers might be interested in layout of the village but just look at those vehicles in the foreground smile.gif Appear to be a mock-up Stug, Jadgpanther, Shermans and that Tiger again...

Apparently Tony Blair pulled a few strings to get his son, Euan, some holiday work as a runner on the set to keep him out of further trouble - nice to have family in high places...

Darn it - not allowed to link to photo. Try: http://briefcase.yahoo.com/taisho2002

and look in the photo album

[This message has been edited by MikeO (edited 09-29-2000).]

[This message has been edited by MikeO (edited 09-29-2000).]

All I can see is a red circle with a white cross running throught it wink.gif

(This message will be out of context when the picture is fixed).

------------------

"War is like the cinema. The best seats are at the back... the front is all flicker."

- Monte Cassino by Sven Hassel

I just read up on it real quick like.

What this is, is an HBO miniseries produced by Spielberg and Tom Hanks. It's 8 parts, the fifth of which will be directed by Hanks, but Spielberg had to decline being involved as a director due to other commitments. He and Hanks will both be involved in it's production to an extent however.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M. Bates:

All I can see is a red circle with a white cross running throught it wink.gif

(This message will be out of context when the picture is fixed).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I checked the link : "acces forbidden to foreign host"...look as it might be top secret stuff biggrin.gif

As it happens that I am just reading Stephen Ambrose's book right now, I was quite interested though.

------------------

http://users.pandora.be/aneric/index8.htm#Projects

[This message has been edited by McAuliffe (edited 09-30-2000).]