PBEM ??? s

Hi All,

When does one "know" when they know the game well enough to play a veteran ?

I just played C.E. as the Germans vs the computer Americans ... the computer had +150%

balance. I lasted all 40 turns and battled them to a 48 to 49 point draw with FoW on

(the only way to play it , I've found ! )

smile.gif .

Do I need to actually win this battle to be able to compete with vets who have been here from the beginning ? More practice ... Oh Darn smile.gif .

Some other ??s

1. Are Victory points also based on the starting force size ? I was thinking that all those dead squads ,(from camera angle 5 there were at least 3-4 dead squads surounding each surviving German unit --my VolksGrenadier SMG squads were SUPERB!-rather grisly site , actually!),

should be worth more in the end, considering my size disadvantage .

2. When playing FoW in PBEM , do all of those Stars and Crosses show up to give away your troop concentrations ? Or is it a true open battlefield until you actually hear or spot an enemy ?

3 Play Balance -- someone earlier this week asked whether or not the balance could be changed for both sides to give a "foggier"

FoW feeling in PBEM -- I like this idea a lot,especially if Victory Points are awarded on a scale taking into account each sides start up forces.

What a game guys !!

After I get the "Real Game" , I was wondering if someone could help this computer illiterate move the demo scenarios into the real game area? I'd also like the demos from the beta version (2 are different , correct?)

Thanks to All.

This group has been real friendly to us newbies -- are you all really that friendly or do you smell fresh meat ? smile.gif

Abrams

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Abrams:

Hi All,

When does one "know" when they know the game well enough to play a veteran ?

I just played C.E. as the Germans vs the computer Americans ... the computer had +150%

balance. I lasted all 40 turns and battled them to a 48 to 49 point draw with FoW on

(the only way to play it , I've found ! )

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it kinda depends on if you just wanna play, or win too smile.gif

From your outcome, I guess you'd easily kick my butt.