12th SS Information

Hi, I am putting together a few scenarios/operations about the Canadian forces in France. I have found a lot of information about units and locations of Canadian forces, down to the Battalion and Company level, but, I cannot find any details about the German forces, notably the 12th SS Division from June 7 to June 11. There was a series of engagements where both the SS and 3rd Canadian Division were bloodied. I need information on the German units participating in battles around...

Authie, St. Context and Buron (North of Caen, on Caen-Bayeux Road)

ON June 7

Putot-en-Bassin, (Bayeux Road, West of Caen)

ON June 8

Le Mensil-Patry (South of Putot-en-Bassin)

ON June 9-11

Thanks for any information!

A good source of info on the 12th and 1st SS can be found in "Steel Inferno-1st SS Panzerkorps in Normandy". By Michael Reynolds and in paperback through Dell publisher's WWII Library. I just recently picked it up at a Walden's bookstore, so it's not hard to find. Hope that's of assistance.

Ernie

I have a book called "The 12th SS Panzerdivision Hitlerjugend" from Hubert Meyer. It's the official history of the unit and extremely detailed. You can get it from J.J.Federowicz publishing, but it's quite expensive... worth it, though, if you're into serious scenario making smile.gif

Guest SS Peiper

Here is a great site by Jim Govostes who did a Great job on his 12th SS HJ operation for the Talonsoft game West Front. http://jandmgovostes.com/ go to his project page and look up the 1st SS Panzer Korps He has the best OOB for the HJ for June-july 1944. If you any info on the 101st SS Panzer Battalion (read Michael Wittmann unit) I have a complete OOB. Just email me with any info that you might need.

SS Peiper

Thanks for the sites all! I recieved your e-mail gaffertape (THANKS!). I have A LOT of information (OOB's) and even many of the historical commanders (down to Company level for the SS). The only thing I really needed was the Topographical maps. Now I have everything! Thanks again guys!

Hopefully I will get some of these scenarios pumped out soon!

I am working on June 7-11 actions right now. Then I am going to work on Operation Totalize (Actions south of Caen) and Falise, then, actions in Holland. After all this, I might get around to Dieppe or Italy (Italy wouldn't be too hard to transfer!).