Trying to get that new red-hot Wild Bill Scenario ..

Meyer something or the other.

Wild Bill is up there with Grigsby and Meier as far as total and utter respect goes.

I play each scenario he makes like some go to the art gallery to view classic paintings.

Unfortuantely, at the Combat HQ, I can't see it in the scenario section.

Helping hand here .. anyone ...

Thanks ..

Iron

You are very kind Iron One! Thank you. It should be in your mailbox before you even read this.

Sorry for the download problems. Anytime I can be of help, please call on me.

We share this great common bond of history and wargaming and I'm ready to help when and where I can. Let me know if you get it.

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester

Scenario Design Team

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Wow

This board is unprecedented for community closeness.

Phenomenal. Just mind-melting.

I wish you guys were all in Congress or on the president-elect's new staff in November. I'd feel great about America again.

People that can work together and respect each other. What a concept.

Iron

As in any conglomerate of people, Iron, you got good guys and bad guys. I guess it all depends on your point of view.

There is a residue of caring, knowledgeable people here that enjoy sharing the fun of wargaming...no political agendas, no attitudes, no double-dealing...just fun-loving wargamers.

It is what keeps the spirit of the hobby alive and well.

My pleasure, my friend. Anytime!

Wild Bill,

This is probably a dumb request, but is there any chance that you could include a "best played as" note in your scenario briefings? I know that it's usually better to play attacker against the computer, but in meeting engagements it's a lot of guess work, for me at least, to pick a side, and if I wish I'd picked the other side most of the FOW is blown by then time I surrender and reload as the opposite side.

Some of us, ah, less than fantastic players

could really use the side suggestion.

Also, on a different note, any chance you're working on a pseudo-campaign like Patrick Ware's kick ass "Any Port After A Storm" 6 mission series? Since normal campaigns lack any author scripting ability and have hit and miss AI unit deployment between battles, the series of missions seemed to work better at providing a continuous and more intelligent combat situation IMO. Plus the detailed briefings between battles really gave me a sense of a bigger picture than I get from the normal campaign games.

Pham,

Thank you for the nice compliment regarding “Any Port After A Storm.” I’m truly glad to see that your experience with my first attempt at creating a sequential mini-campaign was a fulfilling one. After all, that’s why I created it. So far, the response to this little venture into CM campaigning has evoked good ratings feedback from a handful of the some 200 players who have downloaded both versions over the past few days. However, your comments represent the first articulated feedback on this forum to-date.

As for your query, I too have kept a vigil at the CMHQ Scenario Depot to see if any other designers might attempt a similar thematic campaign. Alas, none yet. I must admit though, I can see why something of this nature might prove to be somewhat of an aversion to many designers. Creating, testing and scripting such a campaign takes a considerable amount of time and effort. There is also one other thing to consider. As I stated when I originally released “Any Port,” this type of thing may not be everyone’s cup of tea. Especially since my particular format is deliberately designed for maximum “real-world style” participation from the player in formulating a plan and deploying his units based upon the in-depth Command Briefs between missions.

Once again, thank you for the reference to my first custom CM offering and the very kind remarks. I greatly appreciate it.

(Hmm. A few more responses like this one and I may consider formulating another one of these little puppies for the CM community. God help me!)

Lastly, I have to agree with the CM faithful. Wild Bill does, indeed, create the best historically-based scenarios around…hands down. Good job WB.

Patrick

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Iron:

Wow

This board is unprecedented for community closeness.

Phenomenal. Just mind-melting.

I wish you guys were all in Congress or on the president-elect's new staff in November. I'd feel great about America again.

People that can work together and respect each other. What a concept.

Iron<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just watch out for the weeds and roaches!

------------------

The counter-revolution,

people smilling through their tears.

Who can give them back their lives, and all those wasted years.

[This message has been edited by DEF BUNGIS (edited 08-26-2000).]