IWM: Photos Part II

Ok here's some photos I took.

AA001.JPG

Germanboy looks through a WWI arty periscope.

AA002.JPG

Side of the Sherman, not such a good shot!

AA003.JPG

Front of the Sherman showing markings.

AA004.JPG

Chupacabra walks past the Sherman

AA005.JPG ]The Nebelwurfer thingy

AA006.JPG

Front of the Churchill VIII with markings

AA007.JPG Side of said tank. Damn, whoever scanned these at the shop made them look weird!

AA008.JPG

Ass of the Sherman

AA009.JPG

Arty piece, previously mentioned in other post.

AA010.JPG

The pak

AA011.JPG

Germanboy and his Matilda

AA012.JPG

Same hunk o scrap from the back

AA013.JPG

The museum guy with the War and Peace brochure talking to Germanboy

AA014.JPG

Germanboy and CoralSaw look at the Grant

AA015.JPG

Monty's Grant again.

AA016.JPG

Chupacabra and the Daimler

AA017.JPG

Daimler

AA018.JPG

Side of Daimler's turret

AA019a.JPG

Back of Daimler

AA020a.JPG

T34

AA021a.JPG

T34 and Dr Alimantado

AA023A.JPG

Chupie and the holes in the JP

AA024A.JPG

Side of the JP

AA035A.JPG

Damn camera! Shot of the navinghewombleboomer

AA028A.JPG

Go New Zealand!

AA029A.JPG

Pak 88 thing.

AA031A.JPG

Germanboy and his Gun

AA032A.JPG

Germanboy and the 20mm aa pak.

AA033A.JPG

CoralSaw and the same 20mm AA gun

AA034A.JPG

Germanboy and the right side of the 88

AA035A.JPG

Looking down from mezzanine

there you go!

PeterNZ

[This message has been edited by PeterNZer (edited 10-09-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

Peter, problem with the links.

Now before anyone thinks I am totally after being pictured with various pieces of instruments of death and destruction, the others usually refused and in order to get a sense of proportion yours truly had to step in saving the day yet again. Obviously, there is nobody more suited to convey a sense of proportion than a cool, knowledgable, good-looking, regular guy than me. Nuff said.

Okay, I make an exception for the Rheinmetall 20mm twin AA gun. That is a trip down memory lane. Bit like Steve and the Weasel, only that I don't own one. But I would have a nice balcony to put it on, maybe I should get one...

------------------

Andreas

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 10-09-2000).]

We didn't go out drinking!

perhaps we will soon =)

See if those europeans are as tough as they'd like to think!

PeterNZ

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Hamsters Wrote:

PeterNZ: He hasn’t proven to be particularly valiant but I think he’d make a good doorman<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterNZer:

Well I just think Germyboy is a bit of a primadona, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, I just had my picture taken so often while I lived in Japan (anything you ever suspected about the Japanese and their relationship with the camera is true and then some) that I am beyond embarassment about being photographed.

------------------

Andreas

Just to correct an error in your post:

In the photo's of the JP (such as "Chupie and the holes in the JP") you misidentify the holes in the JP as shell holes. They are actually hatches for the Hamster Truppen crew which manned this vehicle, please be more accurate next time..

wink.gif

------------------

Veni, vidi, panzerschrecki

We didn't go out drinking!

perhaps we will soon =)

See if those europeans are as tough as they'd like to think!

PeterNZ

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mmm, I'll have to defend America's honor, I guess. Time to break out the beer hat!

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

Just wondering what everyones got against the Matilda II, until the Flak 88 arrived in numbers in North Africa in late 1941 this was rightly called the the "Queen of the battlefield". It was virtually unkillable.The Italians just couldn't stop it.

Rommel also had a nasty experience with the Matilda I when a single regiment counter-attacked him near Arras in 1940. It brought the whole German advance to a standstill and Rommel is reported to have claimed to be under attack from a number of Armoured divisions. It was only poor infantry/tank co-ordination, breakdowns and Flak 88s that stopped the Matildas. (btw if you think the Matilda II is ugly you should see the Matilda I)

It was the shock of meeting these tanks and the KV1 that led to the Germans hurried development of larger anti-tank guns.

I am well aware of the Matilda IIs short comings (speed, 2pdr gun, no HE etc)but its was one of the better tanks of the early war years.

BTW great picture, I'm dead jealous. Ever been to Duxford? They have a large collection of planes but also a "land warfare" hall. It's somewhere I would recomend

Aww, yeah, I know it's a great early war tank.. but I just don't like it because it looks ugly biggrin.gif

Now the T34.. ooo that thing just looks *mean*. And I hear it was designed by an american, plans started as far back as 1936! Yet the american army wasn't interested so the designer took his plans to russia.. Man.. imagine if the US had those on the western front redface.gif

PeterNZ

Wearing a hat won't help you win! smile.gif

PeterNZ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It will if it's my beer hat. It's one of those incredibly cheap baseball hats with the foam front and mesh sides, and it says BEER! on it in bright red letters. And it is the key to my powers.

I'll see if I can get my folks to send it to me tongue.gif

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

Yep the "Christie" (BIG WHEEL) suspension was designed by an American but the British and the Russians showed most interest in it. The British built the Cruiser tanks and the Russians the T34. I know which I would rather be in.

you have been asking about Bovington. Have you been to their site at http://www.tankmuseum.org/home.html

As to ugly tanks how about the Matilda I.

This picture comes from a model manufacturer in Scotland. who sell some really rather nice models http://www.accurate-armour.com/index.html

k67wp1.jpg

Just a quick question on netiquette. Is it ok to link to other peoples pictures? If the answer is no i'll remove it.

[This message has been edited by Private Pike (edited 10-10-2000).]

I think it's fine to link to other people's pics, as long as you say where you got it I guess.

As for Bovington, yup, seen their site. Going to contact them when i get an idea of what we want to do there.. some excuses to get a good play with the tanks biggrin.gif ..get inside them and all that.

PeterNZ

Guest Germanboy

Okay, picked up my pictures and they turned out well. Since my evening out at the Japanese place fell through, I'll scan and post them tonight, most of them anyway.

And they are here:

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/011500.html

Now back to saving the world from climate change.

------------------

Andreas

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 10-16-2000).]