Re New Purchase & Patches

Good day Gentlemen,

I did a quick search for this but didn't find what I was looking for. I just ordered the CMBO/CMBB combo package (and do realize it's on back order - no problem). May I assume that all applicable patches are in the new CD's being shipped for orders that were placed as of Jan 25? If they aren't, then I'll go ahead and download the patches and have them ready for when the CD's do arrive.

Thanks guys, this is one really terrific product you've put together!! Much appreciated!

Best regards,

Glenn

I'm almost certain that the version of CMBO you'll receive will be the latest version (1.12) but the CMBB version on your CD will probably still be the 1.0 version. Mind you, by the time you receive then we're hoping that the ver. 1.02 patch will be out (expected within the next wekk, fingers crossed) so you'll simply need to do one upgrade to bring it up to that spec.

Regards

Jim R.

Hey buddy good to see you liked it smile.gif

I will get you all hooked with getting CMBO looking just as good or better then CMBB smile.gif

Mods, mods, mods my man!

There is a whole series of Normandy mods that change the look of CMBO considerably and make it much more realistic looking and give it a great feel.

Talk to you later today maybe

CMBO should definitely be the 1.12 version; by the time I bought it many months ago, both the CD and manual had already been changed to that level.

CMBB... in a recent post Madmatt noted that you will, in fact, need to have patched to 1.01 before applying 1.02. I'm guessing this is at least partly because the 1.01 patch was fairly large due to additional vehicle models and textures (esp for the CDV folks), and it would be a bit cruel to the users and the servers to require that everybody redownload those as one monstrous cumulative patch.

Cool, thanks Mud! I'll have a look for the patches you mentioned that I would probably need. I have high speed, so big files aren't a problem for me.

Hey Stardog! Sent you an email yesterday on this stuff, so hopefully it got through ok. You were right - this is a fabulous program! I started playing without even reading the manual (have now though :D ), and it's extremely intuitive and fluid. These guys know how to program!! Anyway, I'll be watching the Superbowl but hopefully we can hook up sometime this evening after the game. Yak later then,

Glenn

Hey bud

Always good to have a new face come to these great games...One note one the 1.02 patch for CMBB..The last post from anyone from Battlefront said it will not be available for a little while yet

posted January 25, 2003 02:16 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be releasing some 1.02 info here shortly, but for the time being here is a small bone to gnaw on.

I can say that there are 7 new models and 10 older models that have been updated.

In order to patch to 1.02 you MUST have already patched to 1.01 beforehand.

Will the patch be ready by the end of the month (6 days)?

Hmmm, I wouldn't count on it as we need to coordinate with the file mirrors and with CDV still.

Madmatt

So give that a bit of time..But here is a link to get you started Modding away..

Combat Mission HQ

This site is run by one of the members of the Battlefront team

And one more excellent sites for Mods

CMMODS

[ January 27, 2003, 04:59 AM: Message edited by: Erwin Rommel ]

Hey, thanks VERY much for this! I've bookmarked the sites and will visit often. I've also found the Canadian's site thanks to Stardog and Michael. Terrific resources there for sure!

I have downloaded the patch 1.01 so it's ready to go as soon as my package arrives. Unfortunately it is on back order, and then has to clear Canada Customs, so it sounds like it might be a while. Hopefully not too terribly long though, but by then 1.02 may well be out, so I should be all set.

Once again, thanks for the assist/sites, and especially for the welcome! smile.gif Much appreciated.

Glenn

Thanks Panzertruppe smile.gif . Good to know. I've also downloaded the CMBB patch (I'm getting the North American version, but I have High Speed (sometimes, when my provider is actually up and running :mad: )), so as soon as the order ships, I'll be ready tongue.gif .

Thanks again,

Glenn