Mac Mods ...HELP!!!!

Hi lads , i have an iMac 333mHz with 256 Ram and photoshop 5. I've just tried to add a new cammo scheme to a afv. I've saved it as a PICT resourse file but am unable to paste it into the graphic file concerned> Any ideas /hints / helpfull advice .....Free Bacon and Cabbage dinner going to anyone who can help smile.gif))

Måkjager

Try copying directly from Photoshop, works for me.

I'll pass your kind offer if that works. smile.gif

------------------

Now, would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of

our trenches and walking slowly towards the enemy sir?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Måkjager:

Hi lads , i have an iMac 333mHz with 256 Ram and photoshop 5. I've just tried to add a new cammo scheme to a afv. I've saved it as a PICT resourse file but am unable to paste it into the graphic file concerned> Any ideas /hints / helpfull advice .....Free Bacon and Cabbage dinner going to anyone who can help smile.gif))

Måkjager<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you using ResEdit to paste the file into the original?

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Måkjager:

Sorry Seanacha i dont have ResEdit....so i presume that is the reason why i cant paste.

thx<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, there might be other ways to go about it, but I think ResEdit is the easiest. It's a free utility from Apple, and I think you can pick up a copy at their website. Otherwise, someone a while back posted a URL where you could get it (in one of the Mac Mod threads, I believe). If you go get the program, I could give you a quick precis on how to use it to paste in graphics, but NOTE OF CAUTION: ResEdit is very powerful, and never work on an original copy of what you're modifying. In fact, random tinkering with it if you're not sure what you're doing can be very unhealthy for the software it's applied to. Make a copy of the original file, then work on the original. If everything seems to have gone alright, then carry on. If things become unpleasant, dispose of the tinkered with file, and revert to the saved copy. Also, if you check some of the Mac Mod files in the Techniques forum, I think you'll find some pretty knowledgeable people there, as well (I'm an amateur at this, but I have used ResEdit some).

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Just wanted to let you know that we'll be posting a mac mod manager pretty soon, that will allow you to paste your picts into the correct data file with a few clicks of a button.

If you're in a hurry, email me and I can give you some easy instructions on doing the conversions.

heck, we should just do a readme for Madmatt's site that tells the mac users how to do this.

anyway, talk to you later,

and, be careful with resEdit. It's a blessing and a curse! :)

dave

------------------

The only reason for time is so everything doesn't happen at once