Modern CM

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M1A2Abrams:

Anyone who thinks they should make a version of CM with modern equipment post here. (sorta like a petition)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just so you know. "They" are in actuality 4 guys. That's it. In fact, up until 2 months ago, "They" were just 2 guys.

This is NOT some big corporation you're dealing with. It's more like a group of buddies making damn good games. They have a plan, a plan they are sticking by. Modern CM is not in that plan.

Enjoy it as a WWII sim. You can still learn tactics using it, because while the equipment might change, sound tactics all are rooted in a certain commonality.

If that doesn't work, check out TACOPS, also sold by BTS. It is a modern combat sim.

Guest kking199

Yea.. and on top of that before they do a modern war one they going to have a Circus version (with the infamous Clown Car - capable of carrying unlimited troops.. oopps I mean clowns!) and I have been given a personal gurantee from Steve that they are going to do a Tron version!! smile.gif

(j/k BTS!)

I'd have to agree with you, Gunsmithcat.

I would love to see a Napoleonic game with CM's interface and beautiful graphics.

It's not squad level?

Bah!

CM is meant to simulate hundreds or at maximum slightly over 1000 men while Napoleonic battles cpntained hundreds of thousands?

Bah!

The sheer number of polygonal soldiers on screen would be enough to melt my mother board and make my monitor explode in my face?

Bah!

I want my Napoleon and I want it now!

Seriously though, I think by the time BTS finish their current production plans of CM 2-5, computer processor speeds would have increased a great deal.

On a related note, have you guys heard about the Pentium 4? It has over 1.5 Gigahertz processor...they redesigned it from the ground up!

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

It is too bad that CM does not have a more open architecture that would allow this sort of thing to be accomplished by the end-users. I understand all the concerns over PBEM and TCP/IP cheating, and I respect BTS' position - its their baby, after all. That said, modern CM would be fantastic. As an additional bonus, it would likely appeal to the military as an easily accessible training tool for junior officers and NCOs. TacOps has been recently adopted by US 16th Cav - I can only imagine that Modern CM would be readily accepted in the same mold.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blackhorse:

. They have a plan, a plan they are sticking by. Modern CM is not in that plan.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not quite true. Steve has said before that they are interested in doing a modern CM, but it will have to wait until the engine is completely rewritten. I think we will see a modern CM at some point, but it will not likely be for a few years yet, unfortunately.

------------------

You mean my Java coded Real Time Bar Fight Simulator Madmatt Mission: Beyond BiteMe ISN'T going to be published?!?

Madmatt

IIRC Steve mentioned the possibility of maybe an NATO vs PACT in the future somewhere.

Regards, John Waters

------------------

"We've got the finest tanks in the world. We just love to see the

German Royal Tiger come up on the field".

Lt.Gen. George S. Patton, Jr. February 1945.

I would love to see a modern battles version. Almost more than the eastern front. One of the coolest things about wargames is their ability to simulate 'what if?' engagments.

And screw Napoleon. I want the 30 Years War. Bring on Gustav and Wallenstien.

WWB

------------------

Before battle, my digital soldiers turn to me and say,

Ave, Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vanir:

Not quite true. Steve has said before that they are interested in doing a modern CM, but it will have to wait until the engine is completely rewritten. I think we will see a modern CM at some point, but it will not likely be for a few years yet, unfortunately.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was referring purely to the published list of planned CM games. Beyond that anything is possible and certainly welcome by us CM users. I would like to see a modern version as well, somewhere down the road, just for the record smile.gif