Good Day from a Newbie!

I'd be pleased if you folks would add me to the list of Newbies to this fine site (I heard that groan :D ). I tried the demo for CMBO last night at the urging of a friend and meant only to spend about 10 minutes with it to make sure it would run on my system. I wasn't sure what to expect, in all honesty, as I'm an old Advanced Squad Leader player (yeah, for me it was "Advance-to-the-rear" Squad Leader :D ), Panzer Leader, etc. boardgamer, and somehow the computer versions that were tried never quite satisfied me, despite some really good programming and efforts that went into them. Well, let's just say my "10" minutes turned into like 90 minutes, and even THEN I only quit because at some point I have to get some sleep (so I'm told). Even as the straight demo version, this system is something else again, and from the few posts I've read here and there to familiarize myself with the program and the Battlefront way of doing things, I'm thoroughly impressed! I understand CMBB is better still (I'm actually VERY interested in the Eastern Front as well as the Canadian participation in the western front)! I'll be looking at that demo next. Anyway, the long and short of it is, after trying the demo out for that "10" minutes ( ;) ), I immediately went online and purchased the combo pack with both games/sims in. Now I understand they are backordered, and that's fair enough - I believe they are well worth waiting for, so in the meantime I'll work with the demos and watch the forums.

I have read all the forum rules (and I PROMISE not to call anyone's mother a hamster!! :D (is Alces alces also banned? smile.gif ) but I hope you folks won't mind a few neophyte questions to get me started. I have conducted searches on a couple of things but with no luck in finding the answer so I'll make another post for that question.

So, in hopes that it doesn't appear too arrogant on my part, I thought I'd just drop in and introduce myself.

Best regards,

Glenn

Welcome, Glenn!

You'll find the Combat Mission games will not disappoint. With a plethora of scenarios and mods (created by a number of outstanding folks) available for download, you'll have countless hours of enjoyment.

Catch up on your sleep now before the CDs arrive. smile.gif

You'll find most everyone here on the board quite helpful. As you'ver done already, do a quick search for any initial questions since there is a wealth of info in these archived threads. If you can't find what you're looking for...ask away.

Hi Glenn,

Welcome on board,be prepared to enjoy a game which will not let you go for a long time.

Say friends and family goodbye :D

Go to the website created by Michael Dorosh.

He has a lot of info and battles (including mine named Day of the Wasps)about the Canadian forces in WW2.

You will see a link to the site in one of his posts,its named Canuck.

Henk

Thanks guys! I was told by Stardog this is a great place with terrific people, and he's never been wrong yet (that I'm aware of) :D He's certainly called this one correctly. Much appreciate the welcome, and I'll check out that website mentioned for battles and whatnot.

Thanks again, and look forward to chatting with you in the near future.

Glenn