Morphing through walls

Stuck in building and need to get into an adjacent one? Afraid to run out into the street 'cause you know the bad guys are there?

No problem!! Scotty? Beam me over there!

If you squeeze a squad just as close as you can to the wall, and then split into teams, ocassionally one of the teams will be in the other building.

If you leave them in place, they reunite in the original building.

I guess we have to decide if this is gamey....

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dNorwood:

If you leave them in place, they reunite in the original building.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>... but if you move the team located in the target building a bit (5m or so) further away from the wall, the other team should be able to join in the next turn.

Seems like a cool feature smile.gif

Cheers

Olle

So it's an abstraction...the guys were wandering around in the rooms of the buildings looking for access to the next one, members of the split squad find a hole or crack in one of the rooms and head on over. Once there they shout out orders for the other squad members to follow their lead. Next turn they reunite safely, they join back up and continue the fight from their new position in the adjacent structure.

There I solved the Gamey part!! smile.gif

Well it sounded good to me....

Mord

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mord:

There I solved the Gamey part!! smile.gif

Well it sounded good to me....

Mord<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

To be honest, I don't think it's as clearly gamey as it may seem (but note that I feel strongly both ways about this). I mean, it seems just as reasonable as the fact that engineers can lug pounds and pounds of explosives around that really amount to nothing more than a BIG grenade.

(And I'm not starting that rant here - I just feel that turnabout is fair play!)

Incidentally, I did some tests (for PURELY academic reasons) after I noticed this (by accident) and I never saw a squad reunite in the other building. I presume there is a dominant team and the squad rejoins in that teams location. Or not.

But the gist is that at least half the squad has to brave the street!

[This message has been edited by dNorwood (edited 12-01-2000).]