Question for BTS or anyone else interested

I was just wondering if you guys at BTS planned to release a desktop theme (mere translation of the words in French, because I don't know the words in English, but I guess you got what I mean) of CM ?

I would love to see a Panther on my desktop with a building close to it and a burning sherman in the background. A mouse pointer with the shape of a tiger or anything related to CM. Gun firing sound, burning sound, etc.. Incoming artillery barrage sound. smile.gif

I don't know if it is possible, if it costs too much money or even if someone else than me is interested. I'm just asking because I would love to see it.

I know that Cool Col J (hope I spelled it right otherwise I apologize) did a few pictures as wallpaper, but I want more.

Just a thought.

------------------

Veni, vidi, vici

Julius Caesar

Hey Jeff,

Why not make your own. Just set up the shot you want, do a screen shot and save it out as a desktop picture. Then extract out the sounds you like and place it in your start up folder and Viala! Battle Desktop picture with sound! It's easy on the Mac but not sure for PC. There are plenty of threads on taking screen shots here on the forum.

Guest Walter R. Strapps

Now, I've got a really dumb question. How do I take a screenshot? I've tried every key that I thought might take a screenshot, but, if I've taken them I can't find them. So actually, I guess that's two questions 1) How do you take a screenshot? 2) Where do you find it once you taken it?

Cheers,

Walter R. Strapps

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I would love to see a Panther on my desktop with a building close to it and a burning sherman in the background<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, replace Panther by Sherman and Sherman by Panther, and you get my own favorite desktop biggrin.gif

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Walter R. Strapps:

Now, I've got a really dumb question. How do I take a screenshot? I've tried every key that I thought might take a screenshot, but, if I've taken them I can't find them. So actually, I guess that's two questions 1) How do you take a screenshot? 2) Where do you find it once you taken it?

Cheers,

Walter R. Strapps<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, here's what you do.

1.) Allign the camera for your screenshot.

2a.) Hit the Print Screen key.

2b.) What that does is it puts the image in the OS's "Clipboard"

3.) Open up one of your photo/picture viewers such as Windows Paint utility or any Photo editing program.

4.) Go to "Edit". Hit "Paste" and there it is!!

5.) Now save it as a '.jpg'

------------------

"Why don't we say that we took this one chance, and fought!"

"Stupid humans. Hahahahahahaha!"

--from the film Battlefield Earth

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 05-20-2000).]

Guest Richlo

Ol' Blood and Guts,

I've been trying that but I get an interesting result. Even though I am in the game when I hit 'print screen', it takes a snapshot of my desktop. When I paste it to paint, it reveals my desktop and whatever was on in while I was playing the game. confused.gif

Any suggestions?

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richlo:

Ol' Blood and Guts,

I've been trying that but I get an interesting result. Even though I am in the game when I hit 'print screen', it takes a snapshot of my desktop. When I paste it to paint, it reveals my desktop and whatever was on in while I was playing the game. confused.gif

Any suggestions?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's damn strange. It shouldn't do that. When you hit "Print Screen" it should take a screenshot of whatever is on the screen at that moment. So I have no idea.

Are you sure you are "in game"???

Guest Richlo

Thanks anvil,

Am using Voodoo 2 so will try your suggestion. Thanks for reply B & G. Yeah, I am in game when I try, but no luck. Very wierd. I'll try hypersnap and report results.

Guest Richlo

Yep, hypersnap works well. Strange though, I'm sure I've used the regular 'printscreen' method it in other games. Or is this just part of the Voodoo2-Combat Mission problem?

Hmmm...

Thanks for the idea Freelancal. I didn't even we could do it. I'll sure try.

Magnus I will get you one day. It's gonna be bloody wink.gif

------------------

Veni, vidi, vici

Julius Caesar