A few things

Im just wondering about a few things so could anybody tell me wots wot if they know...

1.) is there a bug with unidentified vehicles in the kill screen?? I say this cos several times, Ive had units kill enemy vehicles which weren't identified. Later on though, the destroyed vehicle might be identified but the kill screen still lists the vehicle as unidentified. Is this a bug and will it be patched. I like knowing the tally of each individual AFV.

2.) Will CM1 vehicles, textures and scenarios be compatible with CM2?? Will it be possible to have hypothetical, joint US/Soviet ventures for example??

Thanks for answering these questions in advance and I'm sorry if I've repeated anything already mentioned in other forums. I did try a search.

Finally are the mods that darken everything(cant remember the names) worth it??

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>1.) is there a bug with unidentified vehicles in the kill screen?? I say this cos several times, Ive had units kill enemy vehicles which weren't identified. Later on though, the destroyed vehicle might be identified but the kill screen still lists the vehicle as unidentified. Is this a bug and will it be patched. I like knowing the tally of each individual AFV.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a feature, not a bug. Basically, it's a FOW issue. You may find out what the unit was, but the guys that killed it still have no idea.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>2.) Will CM1 vehicles, textures and scenarios be compatible with CM2?? Will it be possible to have hypothetical, joint US/Soviet ventures for example??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe, but I wouldn't hold my breath. CM2 may be backwards-compatible with CM1, but no definite word's been given.

As for mods - is sushi 'worth it?' Are A-Team reruns? It's all personal taste, download the ones you're interested in, if you don't like them you can always reload the original BMPs from the CD.

[This message has been edited by Chupacabra (edited 11-07-2000).]

THanks Chupa for the reply. But.. Ive wondered tanks up to their kills, identified them and the kills screen still doesn't register what the unidentified vehicles are.

One more point. Do all squads with the same experience rating have the same skills? For example, will two crack units have the same stealth value, given that they are in the same platoon? I think it would be much more realistic for different squads to have individual abilities, based on past experiences, training, character of members etc. For instance, some squads operated far from their platoon HQ because the commanding sergeant was competent and in command. Also do smaller units have a higher level of remaing undetected??? Both these things may already be mirrored in the game, I dont know.

Please clarify for me!

I saw above where you can load bmps from the CD in case you download a mod you didn't like. I downloaded some sound mods and I'm wondering if I can do the same thing by loading the original sounds from my CD. If so how can I do this and how do I know which sound file is which? I really just want the engine sounds for light vehicles changed back to the original. The sound mod I downloaded makes them sound like pieces of crap!!!

---------------------------------------------

If you see white planes it's the Americans, if you see black planes it's the British, if you see no planes at all...it's the Luftwaffe