A cool suggestion without any chance of going through!

And here goes:

Allow both players to choose units from the same side.

I'd just love to play out the US vs Canada war.

Or british vs French. biggrin.gif

On a more serious note, I wonder how this'll be done in CM2 and on.

Finland and Italy both did the strategic U-turn, and thereby

qualify as allied as well as axis.

------------------

Now, would this brilliant plan involve us climbing out of

our trenches and walking slowly towards the enemy sir?

I think BTS already pronounce abaut this...

"Finland and Italy both did the strategic U-turn, and thereby qualify as allied as well as axis."

Italy never fought the Germans in the East Front... and I think Finland after the armistice did't fight the Germans also.

Finland did fight the germans.

The germans destroyed many cities of north finland while retreating.

------------------

Given their (cliché) combat value, does it really matter whether the italians are your allies or enemies ? ;)

the other "loyalty-flexible" U-turners, the finns and romanians, are quite a different story, though. while in the overall picture the finnish-german hostilities might be considered local skirmishes, the participation of the Romanians alongside the Red Army at the end of the war was of considerable magnitude and a full-scale conflict.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jarmo:

And here goes:

Allow both players to choose units from the same side.

I'd just love to play out the US vs Canada war.

Or british vs French. biggrin.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Instead, Canadian vs. Canadian (or French). Now you have "The battle of Montreal"! wink.gif

------------------

"Belly to belly and everything's better" - Russian proverb ;)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IntelWeenie:

Instead, Canadian vs. Canadian (or French). Now you have "The battle of Montreal"! wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The possibilities are limitless. smile.gif

The more I think about this, the more I like it.

------------------

I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but in CM2 I'd like to see the option for Allies (at least US) versus Russia... see if Patton was right! tongue.gif

------------------

"You know our standing orders. Out of ammo become a bunker, out of commission become a pillbox, out of time... become heroes." - The Beast

In Stalingrad, upwards of 50,000 Russian people (not sure of their pedigree be they partisans or regular army) fought for Germany against their fellow Russians. So I would have to say that the ability to fight against your own nationality will be in the game. Troop quality may vary.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by IntelWeenie:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it certainly would be an improvement over the board game that came out many years ago that had the Cadadian army fighting the Quebec Provincial Police eek.gif .

You could have the Black Watch against the Van Doos, with the Mohawks on the side of the English and the Hurons on the side of the French, just like in the good old days cool.gif

Henri

Heh.....how about US vs the Confederacy! You could have a Civil War II (Maybe have an Alternative History scenario similar to a Harry Turtledove novel). Maybe Tiger or KwazyDog could slap on the 'ol Stars & Bars on some Shermans and Pershings! biggrin.gif

------------------

"You can't fight in here, this is the War Room!"

--Dr. Strangelove--

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tanaka:

...Yes you got me there... but what I meant was that Finland didn´t ally with the Allies, like Italy did.

João<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beg to correct. Italy was never an Ally. It's status was Co-belligerent after the surrender.

Michael

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

Given their (cliché) combat value, does it really matter whether the italians are your allies or enemies ? ;)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, the anti-Fascist partisans fought pretty well.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>the other "loyalty-flexible" U-turners, the finns and romanians...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You left the Bulgarians off your list of those who were able to detect which way the wind blew.

Michael

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Emos:

Heh.....how about US vs the Confederacy!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

S&T had a subscription game on that theme in the mid-'70s called Dixie. I think it was notionally set in the late 1930s or thereabout. There were armored divisions and infantry corps, IIRC.

Michael